cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buying a house and adsl/broadband access

N/A

Does anyone else agree

when buying a house, you should be able to find out if the premises are or can be adsl/broadband enabled, thus eliminating the frustation you may feel later when you apply and get told no.

or even better should be automatically enable all lines for adsl, even if not required.

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Post unstuck.
4 REPLIES
N/A

This would be a good idea...but you can check via the postcode/phone search facility....but you wouldn't know if the line was ok.
N/A

House purchase process

Hi,
My feeling is that when buying a new house or moving properties, worrying about wheather one can get broadband does on the whole tend to come fairly low down the list of most buyers priorities I'm affraid. I would think people are more concerned about not being ripped off on the sale/purchase by vendors.

I think knowing if you can get broadband is just another one of those nice extra features that will bee seen as an added bonus to the house purchase and unfortunately NOT the other way round. (buying the house because it has ADSL locally).

Ivan
N/A

I probably wouldn't buy a house if it couldn't get ADSL :lol:
N/A

Sure Thing!

Hi,

Sure thats your personal choice though!! Its clearly a very high priority for you but the point I was trying to make previously is that its NOT the same level of priority for everyone.

**Anyway phone exchanges continue to be upgraded by BT to ADSL across the country so hopefully in a few short years time ADSL will be available to the vast majority of the UK population and it just wont be a big deal anymore by that time.

Ivan