cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brake pads and tyres

N/A

brake pads and tyres

What do you think is the best and cheapest national place to get these fitted ? Not been to kwik fit in 15 years , last time i went they over tightened the wheel bearings and my front wheels caved in . But tempted to go again if cheap enough
7 REPLIES
N/A

brake pads and tyres

kwik fit have a price promise, so if you get a couple of quotes, take the
best to kwik fit and they will better it. You can even play them off againt each other, but thats a bit naughty.
N/A

brake pads and tyres

Theres a kwik fit on my way home from work and its ideal for me . But last time they touched my brakes they could of killed me . Lucky tho I'm a driver by profession so kept control of the car on the out side lane of a dual carriageway at MPH . They admitted liability for it and i got a whopping £50 :?

Saying all that tho that was then this is now and my cut my nose to spite my face principle has worn off regarding kwik fit .
N/A

brake pads and tyres

I used to own a small fleet of taxi's and always found that the smaller independant fitter who dosen't have to rent posh premises was best for prices on tyres. I would buy my own pads and he would fit them while the wheels were off for a few quid, it's only a 5 minute job.
I know it's tempting to use brand name fitters to have them done, but their mark up on fitting pads is sky high
Just be careful if buying your own pads, some of the cheap foreign ones can be made of all sorts of rubbish, including compressed grass.
N/A

brake pads and tyres

thanks for the advise mate Cheesy
Denzil
Grafter

brake pads and tyres

Went to my local KwikFit recently for two tyres for my old Land Rover. For the tyres I wanted they were by far the cheapest around. They were a special order, but turned up the next working day and were fitted straightaway, so I have no complaints.

Definitely get proper branded pads e.g. EPC, Mintex, and probably find a reputable independant to fit them. Their hourly rates will probably be lower than the nationals. Brake pads are designed to be easily replaced so it is a simple job for any decent mechanic, and is unlikely to go wrong!
Community Veteran

brake pads and tyres

For tyres, have you considered mobile tyre fitting. i.e. they come to you and fit them. You can often get a cheaper quote that way.

try www.tyrefitdirect.co.uk
N/A

brake pads and tyres

thanks , looking at that site now