cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bit worried

N/A

bit worried

personaly am more than abit worried that i am already on fastest my bt line can take,and that when upgrades come into effect i will be stuck at my 1mb connection,yet hammered witht the fair downloading policy and change of prices even though i wont benefit from them...i mean being in mid nowhere like i am i had enough trouble getting em to give 1mb let alone 2+, and if i was annoyed at having my downloading limited when i got 2-8mb you can imagine how annoyed i am gonna be if have to stay on 1mb yet pay same or more for the privalidge with less gig per month allowed to download! Sad

(but i'll pretend i am optomistic and not worry about it for a few weeks while they sort selves out-heh)
11 REPLIES
N/A

the free upgrades

does this mean than since i am on a 1 mb line i will get a free upgrade to a higher speed for the same price, or does it mean that i can simply upgrade to higher speeds with no admin charge>
N/A

the free upgrades

if you read it they are letting you have free upgrade to whatever the fastest bt are supplying but they are putting resrtictions on downloaing

so that where as before you paid for a 1mb unlimited download

if your house can take 8mb you would get 8mb download speed but would be restricted to downloading 50gig a month but could make up downloads if they were done at night

well thats how i read it anyway .

they are no longer basing there packages on speed but on how much you download
N/A

thanks

hi i did read the email but got confused, i hope thats the case since 8mb line would be great, i dont download much anyway , im on a 6 gig limit as it is so this would suit me loads.

thanks for your help
N/A

8mb

well it did seem they were saying we will have 8mb if our line can take it,but looking at the upgrade prices(which are presumably for new members or those wishing to upgrade before the freebie speed comes into effect,) i dont actualy see an 8mb option for residential customers?
N/A

the free upgrades

Hi tracygabs

Personally I will be most plesantly suprised (amazed) if I ever get 8MB's over my BT phone line. And I certainly wont be holding my breath either. I do think think after all the hype about MaxDSL and 4/8MB's there are going to be alot of very disappointed people.

**Dont forget its still only in trial at the moment and will only be rolled out if the trial is a success. Nobody has talked about the possiblity of the trial failing or being a complete disaster though?

**I suppose if you look at things abit more optimistically though 8MB residential connections are available now with voice calls for £10.82 a month in France as one F9 user pointed out recently. So again it does seem to depend a great deal on location & the technology.

Ivan
N/A

Is this a bug?

Current Product: F9 ADSL Home Self-Install - Annual Contract
New Product: Broadband Premier at£21.99 per month
To change to this product there will be a one-off payment of £14.90

Changing from 21.99/month to 21.99/month- Should be free?

Its about time F9 posted something about when these free speed upgrades are happening.
N/A

the free upgrades

Will be free when everyone has maxDSL installed when BT get around ot it, however they still have to pay BT to get the lines upgraded until then so they have to charge the 14.99 to cover that payment.

I have paid my money to get max available speed (not wait for them to upgrade the exchange cos that could take months), so bt should be doing that next week i hope!!

Jarv
N/A

Upgrade

Hi Jarvis,

How very interesting!! Humm please can you let us know how that goes for you I'm sure alot of us here would like to hear how you get on and what speed you really get post upgrade? (well I would like to know even if other's dont,just to cover that one)

Thanks Ivan Cool
N/A

the free upgrades

Yeah will do, no probs cyteck!

Currently on 512k, hoping for full 2mbit but my line seems to be right on the limit of that so we shall see... :?

I will be happy (though obviously a bit disappointed) with 1mbit though. :roll:
N/A

the free upgrades

Got the 2mbit upgrade today. Very fast connection! 2 working days isnt bad...

Jarv
slev
Grafter

the free upgrades

Hi

Welcome to the club Cheesy

I am also just on the border line and it went through fine !

Regards

Ian