cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone not gettin what theyve been promised?

N/A

Is anyone else suffering with F9 not sending out replacement splitters when the ones you have are faulty?

One of my first ones was faulty when I originally set it up, and the guy who helped me said he would get a replacement sent...... 3months later I still havent seen it!

Since then I have had two telephone converstaions because of having connection issues both times I was told they would send a replacement splitter because both times they asked me to try the other splitter to see if thats where the connection issue lay!

The other splitter is now playing up, the phone doesnt ring when someone calls, but if you pick the phone up they are there!!! The one Ive resorted to using (not an f9 one) that ive had to go and buy doent do the job and I can now hear the data transfer when im on a phone call if im online.

I have sent a emailed request through the f9 system (about 1 weeks ago) querying where the splitter I was promised was and explaining the issues I have with the other one, to which they sent a response of have you tried them both in the main socket, i would have thought as i Had had two conversations this might have already cropped up. I made the mistake of just replying to the email which obviously doesnt go back to them, as i just checked and its still classed as open and waiting for a reponse from me. (which ive now done using the ticket)
12 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Filters are considered a consumable item in much the same way as ink would be if you were buying a printer. As such we can generally only replace them if they arrive faulty. If this is the case then there shouldn't be a problem getting a replacement out.
N/A

Filters are considered a consumable item .... As such we can generally only replace them if they arrive faulty. If this is the case then there shouldn't be a problem getting a replacement out.
... the guy who helped me said he would get a replacement sent...... 3months later I still havent seen it!

Since then I have had two telephone converstaions ... both times I was told they would send a replacement splitter ...

The point here is that someone in CS made a promise they haven't kept. Evil

DT, it's not like you to state the obvious back at the customer. C'mon, be your usual excellent self and sort this out for clivew Smiley

One last point:
Filters are considered a consumable item...
By whom? Where is this gem documented? When a printer is sold, any cartridges included (or ribbons or paper), are documented as free extras or consumables etc. Trading standards would have a field day with "Filters are considered a consumable item" without documentation to back it up! :roll:
N/A

My filter doesnt let the phone ring either but it never has, plus I think its supposed to be a good one - came with my router (not F9). Actually to be specific, cordless phones ring, the ancient 4 REN dial phone rings (which I only tried just to see if it would) but a lot of ordinary phones just do not.

I don't know if this is actually considered a filter fault or not, nobody was never able to give me a clear indication of if I can fix the problem with a different filter or not.
N/A

cdsprojects, it rang fine when i first used it, and did do for about 2 months, it just kinda stopped over night.... very strange me's think!!

dtomlinson.... so why do the support centre guys tell you a replacement will be sent? at least if the original one that never worked had been replaced I could have used that.
Do you have any thoughts on why with the non f9 one i can hear the data transfer when on the telephone. the splitter and the cable to the modem both come out of the same splitter and it wasnt happening with the f9 one before that stopped the phone ring from being heard!!! could something have gone wrong with the line in or within the house, cause all probs seem to occur the night after I lost connection from about 9pm till Huh? (it wasnt going still when i went to bed)
David_W
Rising Star

When I started with ADSL with F9 a year ago I was having serious problems with line noise, the nice guys at F9 suggested it might be the filters and I recieved new ones within days, so I was happy. Turned out it was actually the cables disintergrating outside that was the problem but the service from F9 was very good for me.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

There's a ticket through to the hardware guys regarding the replacement filter, they're back in tomorrow and should be able to look into this then.

Regarding why you have noise on the line, in the meantime take a look at the following tutorial on the Usertools site to make sure everythings set up correctly.

http://usertools.f9.net.uk/tutorials/id/13

There could well be an internal wiring problem, which might explain why the phone doesn't ring either. Check through the cabling make sure there's no damage anywhere. A loop on the line (where the copper pair touch) can cause all kinds of problems.
N/A

thanks for that, the splitters have arrived...... but the phone doesnt ring when an incoming calls coming, yet when you pick up they are there on the line. The buzzing noise of the data transfer is also there no matter how i set it up with the phone position. i will take a look at the set up link you posted but i really think its an outside issue due to it overnight appearance and with no changes to anything in the house. Ive since tried numerous differnt set ups, filters and cables but none make a difference. But hey i'l give anything a go .... well almost Shockedops:
David_W
Rising Star

I re-read your post again and it is exactly like the problem I had, I dragged BT out about 4-5 times, but each time they came there the line noise vanished, in the end the engineer went and checked the cables, first they found water on one, then they found later on that the outside cables were faulty, so drag BT out and get them to check your line Smiley

Since they replaced the cable my lines been perfect.
N/A

i tried to get f9 to report it but they just threatened me with a call out charge if therre proved to be nothing wrong, i seem to have £50 in my mind but cant remember the exact amount.

I was with ntl a while back and i thought their after sales left something to be desired, but once you actually got through they had a reasonable clear up rate with probs, with f9 well ive got my splitters(thanks to the man on here dt)!, thats about as much as i can say positive at the moment!

Im going to call direct to bt i thinkand see what i can get sorted that way,, the other option is one of the other suppliers were offering to pay any charges incurred if you migrate to them, i will investigate that as an option if i cant get things sorted out.
David_W
Rising Star

aye, the guy on the phone does mention that, think its 80 quid though, best time to call the repair people is when their is heavy line noise, then they can hear that there is a fault, but one problem I did have, I used their automated service which cleared the line up for when i got through to the operator.
N/A

i havent actually called them since the noise started, i just end up pulling my hair out, cause they wont answer any questions, they have to stick to the script and they would most likely try to blame something in the house. At least on here you get some ideas given you.

There gonna have to wait though, in for an op tommorrow so messing with cabling and splitters and moving my computer up & downstairs is out of the question! Though if i rang the call centre theyd say but if you havent tried it in the master socket we cant help you!!!! Even when i do they still cant help!!!!!
David_W
Rising Star

oh, you dont really need to do anything anymore, you just dial them up (151 I think they are) then the voice says "we are now going to run an automated check on your line" and if that finds a fault, your sorted, otherwise your on hold for 3 hours before you can speak to a person :lol:

good luck with your op Smiley