cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advise on using the cgi server.

N/A

advise on using the cgi server.

I have been told that I can use ServerSide Includes (SSI) in my html files on the cgi server.

How do I go about this?

Regards Tony
3 REPLIES
tony2007
Grafter

RE: advise on using the cgi server.

> I have been told that I can use ServerSide Includes (SSI) in my html files on the cgi server.
>
> How do I go about this?
>
> Regards Tony
>

Hi Tony,
Yes you can. Just insert the following into your html page:

<!--#include virtual="../cgi-bin/myfolder/myfile.txt" -->

and this works too:

<!--#exec cgi="../cgi-bin/myfolder/myfile.cgi" -->

where: 'myfolder' and 'myfile' are the specific names the files to be included.

Hope this helps

Tony Fitzgerald

N/A

I guess I'll be wanting to do something like that too. I don't know much scripting yet (only HTML), but I can learn it if put time into it (I've done nothing but write software with Delphi/Pascal all these years).

I'm just starting to put my website together, and I've just tested my contact form for the first time. Ideally I don't want my email address to be revealed (hence I assume SSI would be where I store my email address). I was horrified to find that after clicking on submit I got an automatic page that showed wher it was emailed to.

How can I make it show my own 'Thankyou for contacting me' page instead?
Sword
Grafter

Place:

<input type=hidden name="redirect" value="http://homepages.force9.net/username/thankyou.htm">

in the <Form> section of your page, and put your username in place of 'username' and rename 'thankyou' to the name of the confirmation page. This will redirect your sender to a thank you page.

Hope this help,
Simon

> I guess I'll be wanting to do something like that too. I don't know much scripting yet (only HTML), but I can learn it if put time into it (I've done nothing but write software with Delphi/Pascal all these years).
>
> I'm just starting to put my website together, and I've just tested my contact form for the first time. Ideally I don't want my email address to be revealed (hence I assume SSI would be where I store my email address). I was horrified to find that after clicking on submit I got an automatic page that showed wher it was emailed to.
>
> How can I make it show my own 'Thankyou for contacting me' page instead?