cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adsl upload speed

pops1000uk
Grafter

adsl upload speed

is f9 upload speed going to get any faster? 256kbps is poo when hosting a webserver :roll:
29 REPLIES
N/A

Speed of uploading

Hi,
256k might be poo too you but unfortunately I think your stuck with poo!! :-)

:lol:
pops1000uk
Grafter

adsl upload speed

so i take that as a no :lol:
N/A

adsl upload speed

Yep. The upload speed is 256 for all ADSL across all ISPs. I'm sure theres another technology called SDSL but its only in a few exchanges, on trial.
N/A

adsl upload speed

256Kb/p/sec is standard for every single ADSL user on a BT line.

SDSL is the next step, but yes on trial. SDSL will be the same upload and download Smiley
pops1000uk
Grafter

Crap MORE MONEY

256Kb/p/sec is standard for every single ADSL user on a BT line.

SDSL is the next step, but yes on trial. SDSL will be the same upload and download Smiley

THIS MEANS MORE MONEY Cry my wallet cant handle no more pain
zone8
Grafter

adsl upload speed

while we are talking about SDSL in this topic does F9 offer this package. im looking around for SDSL prices?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

adsl upload speed

Hi,

At the moment we don't do any SDSL packages. We have looked into this and it is likely we'll start to offer SDSL once the availability increases.
CallumW
Grafter

adsl upload speed

Hi - there are plenty of other ISP's offering it - however at astronomical prices.

I am looking at upgrading to SDSL for the same reasons as pops1000uk, but maybe not until the prices are more reasonable)

Here's a list of those of SDSL ISP's that I found so-far
ADSL-NOW.co.uk    

Atlas Internet Ltd
C2 Internet Ltd
Eclipse Internet
Legend Internet Ltd
Nildram
Spitfire
Mailbox Internet Ltd
izR Solutions Ltd
Albion Computer Plc
Bulldog Communications Ltd
FibreCity Ltd
NDO Limited
BT Business
N/A

adsl upload speed

It looks like Internet over the electricity supply might make have coverage faster than SDSL at this rate. BT are not know for their fast rollout especially as few people are going to buy it at that price, or in fact if its more than ADSL - so no motivation for them to do it.
zone8
Grafter

adsl upload speed

Hi,

Been awhile when I last posted here Im wondering is their any news about when you will do SDSL Cool . I see other ISP's are putting millions into updating all exchanges Shocked & ive already sorted out getting the exchange im on updated by BT & other isps are putting their DSLAMS in I have even had a new line layed to the house. I really like Force9 such a good ISP but i want to get SDSL access so fill me in when will you be supporting it? want to get 4mbit upload & download :twisted:
N/A

hmmm

well no offence to f9,but chances are by time they do sdsl broadband telewest will be in the area,and their prices and packages make f9 look like a right rip off in comparison,so will probably be changing to them if takes as long as anticipated for sdsl Tongue
N/A

adsl upload speed

I know this was posted a while back now but your comment on Telewest was amusing.

1) They aren't expanding their network to my knowledge so they will NEVER cover your area if they don't already. They wont do my end of the street when the nearest Telewest box is only a couple of hundred meters away.

2) Telewest don't give you any choice in which ISP you use. Its directly connected to their network and thats to end of it. Their transatlatic links are VERY poor meaning poor speeds from US servers (which sucks considering as thats where most servers are hosted) which results in very rarely getting good performances from them. Also they are much more prone to the connection going down and staying down for hours or even days. At least this is how my friends Telewest performs.

Generally the ADSL network seems much more reliable and with a choice of ISP you can find one with good links. In case you havent noticed, you are already WITH an ISP with good links. Tongue
N/A

true...sort of

personaly have heard very good things about telewest services from mates,but as say thats neither here nor there if they aint gonna come my area,which i doubt they will anytime soon as u say.
was just meant as an example though anyway...theres alot of isp's out there and a good 3 besides telewest offering 2-4mb speed and NO restrictions(eg none of this preposed april rubbish ref 'fair usage'...(and would guess when bt up to 8mb lines those other isp's will be offering better services again,but i'll wait and see)Smiley
N/A

adsl upload speed

so when we get 8MBps in April, will the upload still be 256KBps?

i cant imagine 8000/256? thats insane? i would get fast speed withdrawal symptoms when uploading (being used to download speed)