cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adsl under linux

N/A

adsl under linux

hi, anyone know if it is possible to get connected using the plusnet usb dynamode adsl modem under linux.
7 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

RE: adsl under linux

You'd be best off with an ethernet modem/router for connecting, 99.9% of the time this works perfectly and without hassle. USB modems can be unreliable under Linux.
N/A

> You'd be best off with an ethernet modem/router for connecting, 99.9% of the time this works perfectly and without hassle. USB modems can be unreliable under Linux.
>

hey, thanks for replying. problem is that i've already opted for the usb modem Sad can it be done in linux thou?
shellsong
Grafter

Your best bet is to just give it a go. Some work fine, some don't. You may find that the system hangs when it detects the USB modem, or that it gets only a few packets before giving up.
It's really a 50/50 thing, some work, some don't.
gosforth
Grafter

Please let me know if anybody has a Linux driver for the Dynamode A360. There is nothing on their web site. I e-mailed them and they didn't bother to respond.

Chris

> Your best bet is to just give it a go. Some work fine, some don't. You may find that the system hangs when it detects the USB modem, or that it gets only a few packets before giving up.
> It's really a 50/50 thing, some work, some don't.
>

N/A

>I did get a relpy from Dynamode.co.uk in January

QUOTE" Driver being developed ... No release date yet"

Pete

Please let me know if anybody has a Linux driver for the Dynamode A360. There is nothing on their web site. I e-mailed them and they didn't bother to respond.
>
> Chris
>
> > Your best bet is to just give it a go. Some work fine, some don't. You may find that the system hangs when it detects the USB modem, or that it gets only a few packets before giving up.
> > It's really a 50/50 thing, some work, some don't.
> >
>
>

N/A

> Please let me know if anybody has a Linux driver for the Dynamode A360. There is nothing on their web site. I e-mailed them and they didn't bother to respond.
>
> Chris
>
> > Your best bet is to just give it a go. Some work fine, some don't. You may find that the system hangs when it detects the USB modem, or that it gets only a few packets before giving up.
> > It's really a 50/50 thing, some work, some don't.

> > How does one "give it a go?"
Suse 8 identifies the Dynamode but that's all. I've no idea what to do next....any advice welcome

Pete
>
>

N/A

The ECI ADSL Project

You could try http://eciadsl.flashtux.org/modems.php?lang=en. I am running a D Link DSL-200 modem quite successfully from my RH 8.0 box.

The don't have your specific modem listed, however from what I can determine there is a lot of commonality in the chipsets, so one of the other drivers may work.

regards

Roy