cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about ftp

N/A

about ftp

hi there i was wondering if some can tell me what a ftp site is plz. I have heard different versions what it is and at the moment i believe it is a program to download music etc from ( like kaaza ) I would be greatfull if some can tell me what it is and also is it easy to use as well

many thanks
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: about ftp

you can connect to other pcs or servers by diffrent methods. HTTP givs you webpages, telnet lets you log on as if your infront of the system.

FTP stands for file transfer protocol and is another method of connecting to sites normaly used to download and upload files.

You often use ftp without knowing as many websites use it and it can be used by a browser. Normaly you use a special programe FTP client like cuteftp which gives you 2 filemanager windows and you drag and drop files between them.

> hi there i was wondering if some can tell me what a ftp site is plz. I have heard different versions what it is and at the moment i believe it is a program to download music etc from ( like kaaza ) I would be greatfull if some can tell me what it is and also is it easy to use as well
>
> many thanks

N/A

ok thanks for the info
N/A

> hi there i was wondering if some can tell me what a ftp site is plz. I have heard different versions what it is and at the moment i believe it is a program to download music etc from ( like kaaza ) I would be greatfull if some can tell me what it is and also is it easy to use as well
>
> many thanks

prev answer you had was bang on - you might also want to try the following link to see how you might use it.....

http://www.ftpx.com/
N/A

many thanks for you help to both of you