cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyxel 600 series VPN Help

N/A

Zyxel 600 series VPN Help

H

I have a Zyxel series 600 router and am not a novice user but fairly expierenced.

I can set up a VPN tunnel between myself and my brother (on a netgear Cable router) quite successfully, BUT

When i have tried to set up a tunnel between two Zyxel routers (600 series) both on f9 connections (512kadsl) it never works, they try to negotiate a connection but never connect!

I wonder if any one else has usde this router ? and had any VPN troubles ?
2 REPLIES
N/A

Vpn on F9 using routers

Hello,

I'm also NOT a novice user, there has been a thread (topic) in a recent F9 forum were Myself & Task tried to help another F9 user trying to setup a VPN from home to his work place network. In his case the problem turned out to be the firstly the AT&T vpn client software which we discovered was propietory & was adding to problems (but never got to the bottom of the issues) and the second problem was the inability of IPSEC to authenticate the tunnelled connection. As I seem to recall IPSEC uses x2 modes a) transport only and b) Transport & Tunnelled. The problem was his work place server wouldnt authenticate his VPN client connection. But I dont know if this has any bearing or relevance to yourself?

Ivan
N/A

A further thought?

Here's a further thought, I wonder if there is something in the way F9 runs or manages its own network that might throw a spanner in the works here as far as VPN tunnelling & using IPSEC?? I wonder if its worth a chat or asking via a support ticket these kinds of questions?? It just seems abit to much of a coincidence that x2 VPN's have failure to connect? Sounds once again like an authentication issue? Task might have some useful input here if he gets to reads this? what do you think Tasky?? :-)

Ivan