cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your service webcams.

N/A

Your service webcams.

Why do I get this message when I try to access your service webcams?
" AXIS ActiveX Camera Control,
which enables you to view live image streams in Microsoft Internet Explorer, could not be registered on your computer."
7 REPLIES
N/A

Your service webcams.

Security settings in your browser perhaps?

Mark
N/A

Your service webcams.

Using microsoft internet explorer beta 3 gives this information " AXIS ActiveX Camera Control" but if you use firefox they work ok, so another problem with the beta version from microsoft.
N/A

Your service webcams.

Doesn't it depend on whether you allow active x components to be installed and run on your machine though? I have them banned from IE6 in the security settings and am unable to see the images, but security is a bit slacker on my FF installation which allows them to be downloaded if I want them to.

Mark
N/A

Your service webcams.

I am on IE7 beta 3 and I have nothing banned also I have downloaded them and it still does not work only in FF
N/A

Your service webcams.

I have them banned from IE6 in the security settings and am unable to see the images, but security is a bit slacker on my FF installation which allows them to be downloaded if I want them to.

I'm fairly certain Firefox doesn't use the ActiveX controls, anyway.
N/A

Your service webcams.

So...no solution to this problem then.... :?

It has to be an IE7 thing as IE6 and F/F are ok.
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Your service webcams.

Colin O,

looking at the code in the black window that opens with the error message there is an active X file pointed to with a .cab extension.

According to the Axis website this should be renamed as a .ocx file so it will download and install correctly. Just wondering if that is the problem.

Also I found a sort of workaround by going to another site that asks you to download the active X control that gets things working, see the 'We've moved!' thread in the Community Support section.

Hope that will help, regards, Colin.