cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You WILL go to Tiscali - like it or not!

N/A

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=2384253&page=0&view=expanded&...

Very concerned about this, migrating customers fom the BT ADSL service where customers can migrate away easily, to an LLU service where that option is not available. Tiscali has a bad reputation, and most of the people who I know who used Tiscali are now ex Tiscali users. Tiscali do not support Apple Mac users. I am not prepared to move onto the Tiscali LLU service. Therefore I trust that you will notify me in sufficient time to avoid the downtime when migrating from an LLU service, and the costs of cease & reprovide.
3 REPLIES
N/A

I agree - whilst BT have their faults there is the advantage that I can basically bugger off at any time I like.

Surely its wrong for plusnet to move people OFF BT and onto a LLU service which can restrict their choice of replacement provider (or at least make that transfer much more painful)
N/A

Metronet deal with Tiscali Wholesale - not Tiscali Retail.
N/A

But it is still LLU, which means that thew only option you have to move away is "cease & reprovide". Involves no broadband for a couple of weeks, plus the initial set up costs again. Metronet emailed that Metronet customer are not being migrated ... yet ... but will probably happen withoput notice, leaving you stuck with metonet, or 2 weeks without broadband & set up costs to go back onto broadband with another provider. It is the transfer to LLU without notice that I object to, you are being locked in without advance notice, or compensation for the loss of connection to transfer and the additional costs.