cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yorkshire Universities

N/A

Yorkshire Universities

This is probably one for the PN staff. Does anyone where is good to study part time computing courses (ideally with more a hardware than programming focus) in the Yorkshire area. I'm looking primarily at Sheffield, Leeds, Hull and Doncaster Universities (both where there are multiple Universities in the same City) and will be interested to hear peoples experiences.

Ps- As you may have guessed I'm thinking of moving to Yorkshire, but this isn't finalised, so don't get too depressed just yet Tongue
8 REPLIES
N/A

Yorkshire Universities

No idea on the Uni front, although Dan (no7olivier) was looking at Leeds (Met IIRC) and I believe he was after IT courses.

Park Lane College (various sites around Leeds) have a reasonable reputation for part time study too.

/Better beer in Yorkshire than Cambridge too. :lol:
N/A

Yorkshire Universities

Scratch Park Lane - notreally hardware related. Shockedops:
N/A

Yorkshire Universities

I've almost completed MCSA so it's definetely more networking/hardware that interests me.
N/A

Yorkshire Universities

Out of interest, what study method have you used for attaining your MSCA?
Community Veteran

Yorkshire Universities

I know alot of people who've studied at Sheffield Hallam doing hardware related courses.

I've almost finished my MCSA too, I'm about 3 weeks away from my last exam, woo hoo!
N/A

Yorkshire Universities

Sheffield Hallam sounds good- right by the railway station in Sheffield and only thirty minutes away from where I'd be living.

I followed a SOL (Supported Open Learning) route with a private training company as nowhere in Cambridge even offers the A+ anymore. Weekly online tutorials and workbooks.

Cost a small fortune but at least I got study time.
Community Veteran

Yorkshire Universities

No idea on the Uni front, although Dan (no7olivier) was looking at Leeds (Met IIRC) and I believe he was after IT courses.

Park Lane College (various sites around Leeds) have a reasonable reputation for part time study too.

/Better beer in Yorkshire than Cambridge too. :lol:

Yup, I was going to apply for Computing with Internet Technologies at Leeds Met, until they pulled the course that is Evil The uni as a whole seemed great although I'm not to sure on their other IT courses.

I've put down Internet Systems Development at Gloucestershire as my firm now and am really looking forward to it (subject to getting the grades at college), although obviously that's not in Yorkshire...
clockley
Grafter

Yorkshire Universities

From what I understand, Sheffield Hallam have a very good range of hardware and software related courses. Not too sure myself, just from what I have heard from friends and colleagues.

Cheers,

Carl Lockley