cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yabb Forum worked OK on the old CGI server

Richard_261
Grafter

I have now spent SIX HOURS trying to get my quite simple YABB forum to work on the new cgi server.
I have had 2 YABB support staff working with me in real time.
It has worked for 2 years with no problem (apart from when the whole server was destroyed acouple of months ago).
I'm not at all pleased.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Would you like to give a few more details? I have set aside time over the weekend to move a friend's scripts and YaBB is one of them.

Mark
N/A

After reading your first post, I have just transferred YaBB to the new server. It has taken me about 15 minutes to move the files, chmod them and they are working okay. Not sure what your problem was, maybe you specified the full paths to everything instead of using the ../../ method which seems to find everything automatically so long as you keep the same directory structure.

Mark
Richard_261
Grafter

My problem is a wierd one.
I have uploaded everything and chmoded as usual.
The problem is with the Members files which are all blank.
I have watched as I upload them one at a time and they start off with a size of say 200 and when they arrive on the server they are blank with a size of 0.
This doesn't happen with any of the other files.
I've tried changing the file extension and I've tried uploading them to a different part of the server.
At the moment, I'm sick of it.
I can't even start from new, cos I can't sign in as admin.
Richard_261
Grafter

I seem to have solved the problem by upgrading to a newer version of cute ftp.
So the problem either lay with my old verion, or a combination of the old version and the new server.