holdtight
Grafter

Yaaay ! :D

Congrats Liam ! no stopping you now Cheesy
Community Veteran

Excellent Liam - Well done!!!

Have you had the cermonial ripping??

I failed twice and passed third time around - it is a great feeling, the sense of independence is fantastic.

Just one word of warning - we are fast approaching winter, and the worst time of year for road conditions. Although you can now drive on your own, driving in the winter on your own for the first time can be quite daunting.
If you can, get some practice on a skidpan or indeed if it snows, get a parent to take you to the nearest deserted road or learner centre to get some practice and understanding of what happens to a car in the snow.

I smashed my first car because I was simply going too fast for the road conditions. I was inside the legal limit, but that didn't mean a thing.

You have freedom, but make sure you keep safe.

Its a cliche, but it is now that you start learning....

Well done again. I guess the parents are glad too - They have just found a designated driver for Christmas! :lol:
Community Veteran

Well done - no drink driving mind we know what you are like when you've been down the pub - not remembering posts you made :razz:

On a side note I must apply in for my provisonal sometime. I'm not that bothered about driving ATM but I need to pass my test before Mum she's been trying since before I was born! In all fairness to her; she's probably a much better driver than some cabbies not that that's hard but they have their licenses and she does not!
N/A

Cheesy Congratulations on passing your test. As they say now you can learn to drive. Having been a driver for 40 odd years (Londoon Busses, Lorries, cars etc) I can catagorically state that most Taxi drivers are the worse around. They take a very intensive test for the "Knowledge" but other than that they are ordiniary drivers.
Good luck on the roads, don't lose your temper or get involved in tit-for-tat as some people do.

Oh and as far as drinking and driving go, be careful as when you go round corners you tend to spill the liquid over your trousers (or skirt)
Wheelie
Grafter

Congratulations Liam

I would hate to have to sit my test today after more than 30 years of driving picked up to many bad habbits.
crimsone
Grafter

Firstly, congratulations - you deserve it.

secondly, a very profound word of caution that's been passed down my family. It says...

"congratulations on passing your driving test - it means you're now qualified to start learning to drive".

Be very carefull out there. One thing they don't seem to teach enough in driving lessons is that you drive according to the road, not just the speed limit . Be very carefull out there this winter, but most of all congratulations! Cheesy

edit: huh - cavilla already said it Smiley
N/A

Congrats Liam Cheesy

Just remember Dont drive after you have had some of that champers Wink dont wanna be upsetting them already hey lol

Honestly, well done.
Julie
Grafter

Many Congrats Liam Smiley

Well done, and has already been said...Please take care out there Cheesy
N/A

Well done Liam.

As has been said by others go steady :|

I got three points within the first 12 months of passing my test, never had any since. We all do it occasionally but remember how easily lost a license is Wink

Oh and make sure you're sat down when you ring for your first insurance quote Sad
Alecto
Grafter

Congrats Liam.
No warnings from me as I know that NOBODY EVER takes advice.
Get your foot down. :lol:
LiamM
Grafter

Hehe thanks for all the comments guys.

I appreciate that the lurning curve gets much steeper for a little bit now.

Fortunately I was sat down when getting my insurance sorted this morning and as such I now have £2k/yr less than i did before *gulp*. But I'm on the road already.

Only been up to the shops, petrol station and around the village etc... not been on the motorway yet - may do that later when it's quiet. What you think? Any advice? Personally I don't wanna keep putting it off.
Community Veteran

What you think? Any advice? Personally I don't wanna keep putting it off.

Drive upto scotland and get some Ice Cream from Soaves and a Brie and Bacon Melt from the Aroma Room; pop into m & s and grab some Lorne Sausage; then drop the lorne off to me on the way back down south :razz:
Community Veteran

I passed by driving test only about 18 months ago, I was 24 when I passed. I passed third time round but was very lazy and never got round to taking it until then. The day I passed I went for a long drive round Sheffield and even ventured onto the M1. I wish I'd passed sooner.

Since I've passed I've driven on my own up as far as Edinburgh and Glasgow, Basildon, Pweleli, Birmingham, Croydon and Dartford and Camberley as well as many trips back home to the Wirral.

Passing my test was one of the best things I've ever done, so well done to you Liam and just rememeber to drive fast if you need to but always be careful.

If you're feeling adventurous have a drive up to Sheffield some time!

Chris
LiamM
Grafter

If you're feeling adventurous have a drive up to Sheffield some time!

That's on my agenda Wink