cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow! Phone answered in 2 rings! (NOT Plusnet)

N/A

I am in the process of leaving this poor excuse for an ISP. I couldn't stand any more and requested my MAC.
I filled in the online form with Zen internet, received the confirmation email.

I have just telephoned their 0845 helpline number twice. First time I have phoned them, just one menu, pressed 1, phone rang twice and it was answered by a helpful human, not an incompetent muppet. My enquiry was dealt with within 30 secs. Less than 60 second phone call start to finish. I asked when do I give my notice to my current ISP, now or wait until Zen have connected me. The answer I got, "Oh, that's ok, you don't have to do anything at all, no need to give them notice, we do everything for you, we deal with that. All you have to do is cancel your direct debit with them. Who is your current ISP?"
"Plusnet"
"Oh another one."
"What do you mean another one? Are you getting many migrating to Zen from that god awful ISP?"
[laughing]"One or two, yes."
"One or two every hour you mean."

I phoned them back a few mins later to ask their tech support (first time was sales dept.) a question. Exactly the same again, one menu, 2 rings and it was answered. By a knowledagable human, not a Polish YTS with a ZX Spectrum. Same again, 60 seconds start to finish, enquiry answered!!!

THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE PLUSNET!

If that was plusnet it would be at least 40 mins on hold after various menus, a clueless operator blaming everyone (usually BT) but PN and nothing whatso done about the problem.

I urge everyone to do the same, get your MAC code and get the hell out of here. I'll be paying the same price with Zen as I am with PN, for exactly the same package. After those 2 phone calls to Zen I'm wondering how I tolerated this pathetic service for so long.

GET OUT NOW!!!
18 REPLIES
N/A

here here :lol:
N/A

Hear, hear!:roll:
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Well once we got the cash for the deferred payments we'll be moving too.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

I will be moving soon as well I think. Do zen allow downloads off peak like pn?
N/A

I will be moving soon as well I think. Do zen allow downloads off peak like pn?

Zen allow downloads all of the time, but I don't think that's quite what you were getting at.

Zen don't have an "off peak" where the usage isn't counted towards your cap. It's all counted, 24 hours a day. Everything you download goes towards your usage (20GB or 50GB) and anything over that costs £1.49 per GB.
N/A

Thanks for your reply
N/A

I'm certainly considering a move. Has anyone got very recent experience of moving to Zen, and how was the transfer process? Any down time or loss of e-mails?

How about Simply Mail Solutions (SMS) - anyone experience or knowledge of them?

John
N/A

I have now moved to zen.
No probs at all.
Transfer went ok, activated on the day they said, they answer the phone (tech support) within 5 mins every time.

I've had no loss of emails, I have downgraded my plusnet account to dial-up PAYG. I can still log on here (obviously!!) using my zen BB desktop, still get my 25+ plusnet spam emails a day using mailwasher.

No probs at all, recommend everyone to do it.
It's like going from dial-up to BB all over again, the speed difference is unbelievable, I didn't realise how bad plusnet is until now, I had got used to it. Even this website is quicker on zen!!

Just a few other things to sort this weekend, create a username, sort emails, domain name etc.

So glad I have left PN.
N/A

This sounds great im doing it, does it cost me the user anything?
N/A

There's no migration charge.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

This sounds great im doing it, does it cost me the user anything?

Unless you have deferred activation, equipment or house move charges on your account - no.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
retep
Grafter

This is only half a joke but there is always another way to view things -

Summarised quote from lostboyuk - 'Seconds to reply to sales and technical queries' => grossly overstaffed! How long will they last? Smiley

Seriously, good luck with the move

Peter.
N/A

I've moved one of my domains and e-mail over to ZEN. Really quick, very easy, clear support on line, and phones answered.

It was fully active within 30 mins of my credit card being processed. A couple of hours or less in total.

I'll soon be moving everything over. As an "incompetent user", I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing.. I shouldn't have worried.
glocal
Grafter

I thought about Zen too, particularly since my connection speed has been going down dramatically over the last few months, which is the suppliers' fault but PN doesn't seem to be doing anything about it despite my complaints. I am not sure an ISP could actually interfere -- do you think another ISP could make a difference?

Zen can be substantially more expensive too. If you are on PN's Broadband PAYG the equivalent is Zen 800 Lite at £17.99, 20% more expensive compared to PN's £14.99. The other issue is Zen doesn't give you free bandwidth after midnight but they don't count uploads.