cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Airports

Community Veteran

Worst Airports

O.k. just being nosey but what airports would people say to avoid and why - I'll start:

Miami International Airport

1) Generally not very nice, quite old.
2) Poor duty free facilities.
3) Check in in middle of major walkway.
4) Car rental off site.
5) If you miss your turn can be a pain to find rental returns - spent a good couple of hours goining round miami's spanish speaking parts yesterday trying to find it nearly missed my flight!
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Worst Airports

*bump*
chino
Grafter

Worst Airports

Humberside - was a few years ago now and there was nothing there jsut two portacabins and one small shop. Reykjavik, Iceland is also small with very little there from what i have been told. Bombay (mumbai) domestic airport is okay but it's too small with bad sign's.

Chino
Community Veteran

Worst Airports

You wouldn't like kefa lonia airport then! It's smaller than a tesco extra! (inc air field)
LiamM
Grafter

Worst Airports

Bristol Airport is apparently the most turbulent landing airport in the country (due to excessive sidewinds). It has certainly provided me with my bumpiest landings.
Community Veteran

Worst Airports

I'll have to try it some time - I like buumpy landings.

and befor you say it, I know I am mad!
madswitcher
Grafter

Worst Airports

If you ever have to go to Russia and have to transfer to an internal flight, you have to go to Domodediva Airport.

Take blenty of barf bags and bottled water - its the armpit of the world.
N/A

Worst Airports

Never been to this airport, but it looks a wee bit scary!
(Gibraltar Airport)

Leeds Bradford Airport is not too bad, except that they often make you walk the length of the runway before you get into the terminal building - not great when it chucking it down, and you've just returned from sunnier climes wearing only shorts and t-shirt Cry
Community Veteran

Worst Airports

Can't remember where but one of the greek (ionian i think) islands has it's runway out in the sea like that. You ever flown form luton? The runway there is right on the top of a cliff I wouldn't like to overshoot the end there!

While on the subject of airports I'm going to have a moan. Yesterday I flewon easyjet flight 107 luton to glasgow. I got there and my bag didn't turn up, no problem i go to the desk and make them aware of this, the lady says.

There is another flight later this evening it will probably come on that and we will deliver it tommorow. We'll ring you when we are going to deliver it.

10 o clock this morning no phone call, so i ring them, it's not here yet we'll ring you when it is.

I met my auntie from work in Paisley at lunchtime and we had still not heard anything so we decided to pop in to the airport as it is actually in paisley not Glasgow although a lot nearer to glasgow than most of the london ones to london! The guy on the desk looks up our file and informs us that it still hasn't been sent up from luton. At this point my auntie asks is the bag definately still at luton. The reply "No our system is trying to trace it" - in english we haven't a clue where your bag is, it could be in sydney for all we know.

Fair enough bags go missing my problem is with ServisAir's treatment of the situation after the bag goes missing why not:

1) Tell the passenger, that it is likely to be sent at x time but it may not as itis up to y company at z airport when it is sent.

2) Tell the passenger the last place the bag was known to be e.g. at scanner a out of y scanners on the conveyor system between check in and the plane at z airport.

3) Don't rely on the computer we were also told "it could already be here but have been sent to the wrong station" - do a search of the airport and let the customer know the result

4) At a set time each day send a "bags currently missing list to each airport at which the company operates.

Whilst these steps would not prevent bags going missing they would help keep the customer happy and ensure the bag is found as quickly as possible.

O.k. rant over ;-)