cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows XP "My Documents"

N/A

Hi

I have a question, it is nothing serious but it bugs the hell out of me :x . On my Windows XP, My Documents screen I have a list of folders. Obviously you delete the folders that are not required to keep the clutter to a minimum. I have noticed however, every time I delete the "My Ebooks" folder, it reappears within a day or two. Now, I have no current intention of ever downloading any ebooks and if I did, I would be more than capable of creating my own folder for them to go in.

Does anyone have any ideas how to permanently delete this pesky folder please?

Cheers

Mark
5 REPLIES
N/A

Annoying windows folders

Hi Mark,

This is a very good question, all I can tell you is that I feel exactly the same as you. Its one of those Windows annoyances, sadly I fear that Microsoft have programmed these folders into wondows itself. No! I havent yet found a way to permanently get rid of them but thats not to say that someone might know how though.

Ivan
N/A

http://v2.tlab404.com/articles/detail.asp?iFaq=418&iType=18

Might Help, I haven't got a My ebooks folder so I can't test it.
N/A

Eureka!!!!!! Seems to work. Thanks Mattley.

Mark
N/A

XP Folders,Ivan

Hi Again,

Ahhh!! Thats fine as far as it goes, but NOT all folders that appear under my documents are so easily removed. What about those NOT related to Adobe 6.0?? Such as My Music & My Pictures, what if you dont want these then?? tell me that. YEP! XP has a very very annoying habit of remaking these folders even if try deleting them, as I said before MS have programmed these folders into XP assuming ALL users will want them.

Ivan

-------------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
N/A

http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_tips746.html

I have mixed feelings about the MS approach to this. It does make it easier for novice users to stay organised, and gives developers a nice reliable default. I don't actually use these folders but I've never been too bothered about them being there.

I didn't even use my documents for years, never trusted it, but again developer defaults kinda pushed me into it. :roll: