cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows XP firewall

N/A

Windows XP firewall

Your opinions please on Windows XP firewall. As far as I can see there are no setting available to tweak and no indications to show that it is working. Can I rely on it or should I go for something free like Zone Alarm. Would I be better protected by purchasing a well known and proven program?
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Windows XP firewall

hello there i have herd that the xp firewall ant very good u cant change its settings it would be a good idea to download microsoft security analizar from microsoft.com to help stop people geting into yur computer i bought norton firewall for 10 pound at a computer fair does the job hop this helps

--
N/A

hello there i have herd that the xp firewall ant very good u cant change its settings it would be a good idea to download microsoft security analizar from microsoft.com to help stop people geting into yur computer i bought norton firewall for 10 pound at a computer fair does the job hop this helps

Thanks for your reply

The analizar sounds a bit risky, could it be a pain in the rear?
As for the XP firewall ant, is that some sort of insect, like a web crawler spider?
Good to know that you have a herd, I assume it is a herd of firewall ants.
I fail to see how hopping would help, in any case I might hop on one of those firewall ants, mind you, that would certainly change its setting, from alive to dead.

Excuse my sense of humour, I'm a bit twisted.
:lol

N/A

> hello there i have herd that the xp firewall ant very good u cant change its settings it would be a good idea to download microsoft security analizar from microsoft.com to help stop people geting into yur computer i bought norton firewall for 10 pound at a computer fair does the job hop this helps

What did you learn at school?
Kant yoo evan spel rite?

Windows xp firewall is ok,does what it was meant for.
Norton firewall is better.
Waggy
Dabbler

Would I be better protected by purchasing a well known and proven program?

Because of the lack of settings to tweak the xp firewall, I found it more of a hindrance than a help, so I went for Norton Personal Firewall 2003.

It does the job well and there are a few extras in there that (I find [sad muppet]) are entertaining!

I would imagine the XP firewall is quite capapable but I wanted the control over the programme so opted for a standalone product.

Steve
N/A

>
> hello there i have herd that the xp firewall ant very good u cant change its settings it would be a good idea to download microsoft security analizar from microsoft.com to help stop people geting into yur computer i bought norton firewall for 10 pound at a computer fair does the job hop this helps
> ...................................................
>
> Thanks for your reply
>
> The analizar sounds a bit risky, could it be a pain in the rear?
> As for the XP firewall ant, is that some sort of insect, like a web crawler spider?
> Good to know that you have a herd, I assume it is a herd of firewall ants.
> I fail to see how hopping would help, in any case I might hop on one of those firewall ants, mind you, that would certainly change its setting, from alive to dead.
>
> Excuse my sense of humour, I'm a bit twisted.
> :lol
>
>

What are you on? I guess you must be on your monthly eh Jugs!

So you ask for some help and then criticize a responders grammar. What a nice person you are.

N/A

> Would I be better protected by purchasing a well known and proven program?
>
>
> Because of the lack of settings to tweak the xp firewall, I found it more of a hindrance than a help, so I went for Norton Personal Firewall 2003.
>
> It does the job well and there are a few extras in there that (I find [sad muppet]) are entertaining!
>
> I would imagine the XP firewall is quite capapable but I wanted the control over the programme so opted for a standalone product.
>
> Steve

--------------------
XP Firewall is a waste of space, turn it off. At least download the freebie Zonealarm, or buy the Pro version or Norton if you're prepared to spend a little cash. It's well worth it in the long run.

--
Come on Boro!
http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm
N/A

It would seem like Norton is the one to go for. Thanks for your replies everybody.
N/A

>
> It would seem like Norton is the one to go for. Thanks for your replies everybody.

Tried WXp firewall = Ok
Zone Alarm (& Pro) = very buggy
Norton = good