cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winamp 5 out now!

N/A

Winamp 5 out now!

Just in case some of you didn't know - Winamp 5 has now been released: www.winamp.com

I am delighted to say that it is a major improvement over versions 2 & 3. (For some reason they have missed out version 4.)

Scalable skins, improved media library, support for video, kickass visualisations, etc. etc.

I am liking it so much I am telling everyone! Go and download it now! :lol:

Cheers
Alan
8 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Winamp 5 out now!

I am delighted to say that it is a major improvement over versions 2 & 3. (For some reason they have missed out version 4.)

They took the best bits out of 2 + 3, so, 2 + 3 = 5
N/A

Re: Winamp 5 out now!

They took the best bits out of 2 + 3, so, 2 + 3 = 5

Damn, a versioning schema that actualy makes sense for once.

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Quote tags fixed for you.]
N/A

Winamp 5 out now!

I'm still using 2.8, after I upgraded to 3 and found it TERRIBLE.

I think I'll stick with 2.8. Does it plays mp3s? Yes? That's all it needs for me then Smiley
csogilvie
Grafter

Winamp 5 out now!

I used to use Winamp but found QCD and now use that instead (or xmms if I'm in Linux)
N/A

Winamp 5 out now!

TOTALY agree about version 2.8, eurotrain.

I'll 5.01 I suppose, but version 3 was bobbins.
N/A

Winamp 5 out now!

I've had version 5 on now for about 40mins, and I'm converted solely on the MUCH improved online streaming radio playing.

All I've used before was the media guide, relying on windows media player wanting to work. but winamp 5 seems to do everything that it took 2 or 3 windows apps to do.
espresso_mick
Grafter

Winamp 5 out now!

Yep, I have the latest Winamp. It kicks err...mule!!!! Cool

hehehe
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Winamp 5 out now!

Tried it for first time last night after being a 2.8 user as 3 didnt do what it said, so used 2.8 for mp3's and Divxplayer/Videolan for vids. Now I like this version as now you don't need anything else but guess this will be the next thing to eat up my bandwidth especially when the Tv hosts have decent connections for strreaming.

Other consideration is, nolonger need to use Divxplayer. So not installing any useless Gator spyware from Divx anymore, only to uninstall it.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017