cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WinFax+ADSL bad combination??

N/A

WinFax+ADSL bad combination??

Hi,
I just realised that the fax application that I was using when I was using the dial-up connection is not working with the ADSL connection.Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?I have tried to change the settings but nothing works.Do I need another application if I want to send faxes from my computer?if yes which one will work with the ADSL connection?
Thanks
Marios
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: WinFax+ADSL bad combination??

I was alright when I first got ADSL using FaxNow! Lite from redrock, which was given away on a cover disk some time ago. I just upgraded to Windows 2000 and looked for it on the Redrock site - not there, but when I finally dug out the CD-ROM and installed, it said the free version doesn't work with NT!

So I would like to know what to use too. Win2K fax services seems to dial out, at least there's a short burst of ring tone and it says 'busy' (though I don't hear any dialling), then it drops back to idle. If I dial the number from my phone, the fax machine answers OK. I think win2k isn't waiting long enough, but can't see where to change settings for that.

Any help appreciated.

David

> Hi,
> I just realised that the fax application that I was using when I was using the dial-up connection is not working with the ADSL connection.Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?I have tried to change the settings but nothing works.Do I need another application if I want to send faxes from my computer?if yes which one will work with the ADSL connection?
> Thanks
> Marios

N/A

RE: WinFax+ADSL bad combination??

I suppose the only way to use winfax is with the old modem, puta micrfilter after the adsl conection and use as normal, or does anyone havea better way.

Tony

> Hi,
> I just realised that the fax application that I was using when I was using the dial-up connection is not working with the ADSL connection.Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?I have tried to change the settings but nothing works.Do I need another application if I want to send faxes from my computer?if yes which one will work with the ADSL connection?
> Thanks
> Marios