cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the speed upgrade be for everyone?

N/A

Hi,

I live in a village and it took me a while to get Broadband into it, I have just received an email telling me about free upgrades upto 8mbs, will this be for everyone or just a few exchanges.

I hope I can have it but if not such is life Smiley ....

Thanks

phillip
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Everyone will be moved onto the higest possible speed for thier phone line, assuming 8meg is available on your exchange, otherwise you will get upto 2 meg. Bear in mind there are people on enabled exchanges who are only just in the distance for 512k so thats the best they are likely to get.

Chris
N/A

im currently on 1mb, does that mean for the same price i go on the next highest speed, im bit confused on speed upgrades, pls help me too.. Is it free as in just to go upto the next highest speed, but pay its monthly charges, or just free as in 8mb for example and pay same price as i pay for 1mb.
N/A

In short, your connection will be upgraded to the maximum it can handle.

Your current payment will remain the same.
N/A

Ok thanks i understand now, what if my exchange cant handle 8mb at the moment but after few months it will, would that mean ill get upgraded again to the maximum after my exchange can handle 8mb
Community Veteran

Again, your line condition will determin what speed you can get. If it can support 4Mb & 8Mb speeds then when they become available on your exchange your will get it. If your line only supports a max of 2Mb that is the max speed you will get, even if your exchange can do faster.
N/A

Ok I'm currently on 2mbs my telephone line is less than 900meters from the exchange but how do i find out if the exchange is capable if upto 8mbs, i have an account at the Bt campaigners site would it be better if i asked the question there?

thanks once again

phillip....
Community Veteran

No details about exchanges that support 4Mb & 8Mb speeds have been released. You will just have to wait and see like the rest of us.
N/A

Thanks for the reply even if it was a bit terse, I suppose you have been asked this a lot Smiley sorry for the trouble i put you to i will ask future questions elsewhere..

thanks

phillip