cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will 56K run on ADSL line?

N/A

Will 56K run on ADSL line?

Eyup all

Im thinking of going the way of ADSL but the kit I want from Linksys wont be available till the end of October. If my line is adsl enabled will i still be able to use my 56K modem till I get sorted or will I be in the void??

Cheers in advance.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Will 56K run on ADSL line?

> Eyup all
>
> Im thinking of going the way of ADSL but the kit I want from Linksys wont be available till the end of October. If my line is adsl enabled will i still be able to use my 56K modem till I get sorted or will I be in the void??
>
> Cheers in advance.

Yeah you just plug you modem into the voice socket as opposed to the adsl socket. Works fine at my office whenever our ADSL line goes down.

N/A

Yeah you just plug you modem into the voice socket as opposed to the adsl socket. Works fine at my office whenever our ADSL line goes down.
>

Thanks a lot mate, thats cleared things up fine.
Anyone give a rough estimate as to how long F9/BT take to activate the line?

N/A

> Yeah you just plug you modem into the voice socket as opposed to the adsl socket. Works fine at my office whenever our ADSL line goes down.
> >
>
> Thanks a lot mate, thats cleared things up fine.
> Anyone give a rough estimate as to how long F9/BT take to activate the line?
>
>

Don't know how long activation takes, we got an office 1Mbps routed ADSL connection around July 2001, and BT turned up I think about 2 weeks earlier than we were told they would, which left us a bit in the dark to say the least, as we had the router, the connection but no instructions from Force9. Still it all got sorted out quickly.
N/A

> Don't know how long activation takes, we got an office 1Mbps routed ADSL connection around July 2001, and BT turned up I think about 2 weeks earlier than we were told they would, which left us a bit in the dark to say the least, as we had the router, the connection but no instructions from Force9. Still it all got sorted out quickly.

Thanks for your help Big Al, much appreciated mate. Got an idea where I'm going now. Smiley