cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's paying in advance for 4Mb / 8Mb premier service?

N/A

Is anybody here currently still paying the 29.99 or 39.99 tariffs on premier?

If you are, then please raise your hand now, I'm on the 39.99 account, I was just about to downgrade to the 21.99 account before my next billing period, but I've made an interesting and plesant discovery about the "possible" future of these premier accounts (that might actually discourage me from downgrading) that I'd like to chat/talk/ask you about.

I don't want to mention it out loud incase I wasn't supposed to get it... I don't want them to take it away if it was given to me in error.
17 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,
i am still paying the full amount (39.99). I dont see anything i shouldnt have though. At least i dont think i do Cheesy
Chris
N/A

I am also paying £39.99!! still for f9 Do we get any other advantages othe than the upgrade when it comes out? Not sure why we are paying it really tbh.. lol just seem to still be paying it, thought I was alone.

BTW we STILL don't know as to when / if we'll get this actual upgrade to the higher speed!
N/A

i got the impression that the upgrades would start in September. Obviously thats incorrect.
Some idea when this might start would be usefull though.
N/A

if the past is anything to go by an upgrade to 8 meg will cost 14.99, so you will recover your costs in a month.

The only benefit you are currently getting by paying more is more bandwidth in the sustainable usage policy:
39.99 = 200GB in a month (max 60GB used between the 'peak' hours of 4pm-midnight)
29.99 = 150GB (45GB)
21.99 = 100GB (30GB)

I'm afraid 8mbit wont be released for a number of months yet (assuming BT deem it to be viable, and you are close enough to your exchange) - so its up to you if you feel like you are paying too much.... imo plusnet are leading you on to pay nearly twice what you need to be.

Jarv
N/A

jarvis
The only benefit you are currently getting by paying more is more bandwidth in the sustainable usage policy:
39.99 = 200GB in a month (max 60GB used between the 'peak' hours of 4pm-midnight)
29.99 = 150GB (45GB)
21.99 = 100GB (30GB)

Its funny that. I hadn't interpreted the sustainable usage policy like that. I had looked at a 2mb connection and assumed that my limit is 100gb / month. Can someone clarify this. I am essentially paying for the 8mb connection even though its unavailable at the moment. Does this mean that my limit is 200gb?

Chris
N/A

im paying 21.99

hi i ddint even no there was a limit to download until i got restricted 2 weeks ago down to 69kb wasnt nice all because i download a little over 100 gig a month ,ok i was kaining force 9 3 months in a row average of 120gig which after reading up on it i can see why i got my hand smacked i have since been un restriceted but hav eto keep betwwen 100 gig total a month and 30 gig peak times to be honest you can still download more trhan enough but must admit was better when i didnt have to think about it but i am still getting more than enough a month out of my 21.99 package just do most downloading over night or all day turn it off before 4 .
N/A

Paying over the odds, Ivan

Hello hammer2,

I'm really suprised that there are still users out there that havent read from these forums or heard from else where. Basically your still paying a crazy price per month for a service that doesnt yet exsist and wont exsist until next year bye all accounts (despite what marketing blurb has been put out!!).

**BT have only just completed there first trials of MAXDSL which is the next generation of broadband and will see speeds of higher than 2MB's i.e. 4MB's and upto 8MB's. I believe these trials were just extended in the London area, but the launch of any real MAXDSL service is highly unlikely before the year ends and is most likely knowing BT it wont be before about April or May 2006.

**Why pay your ISP for something your NOT getting nor which it cannot deliver yet?? Its your pocket thats being hammered!! Cry

**4/8MB promises are therefore empty one's sadly, I would suggest you save yourself the money in the mean time and downgrade ASAP to a real 2MB service such as F9 Premier which is infact very good.

Ivan
N/A

cytek
I'm really suprised that there are still users out there that havent read from these forums or heard from else where.

Oh dont worry i have read it all inside & out and i do know what BT are like.
Do you know the answer to the bandwidth question?
N/A

Replying Ivan

Hi Hammer2,

This might help answer your question: (see link below)

http://portal.f9.net.uk/support/adsl/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml

Ivan
N/A

if the past is anything to go by an upgrade to 8 meg will cost 14.99, so you will recover your costs in a month.

29.99 = 150GB (45GB)
21.99 = 100GB (30GB)

There appears to be one other (so far undocumented) benefit to staying on 39.99 - some of us appear to have been given a block of 4 static IP addresses to keep us happy with something to play with. But 'rogerdean' above does not seem to have been given this. (found using nslookup)

Anyone moaning about the 100Gb limit should upgrade to the 39.99 account and get 200Gb instead, at least then you pay your fair share for heavy usage.
N/A

Anyone moaning about the 100Gb limit should upgrade to the 39.99 account and get 200Gb instead, at least then you pay your fair share for heavy usage.

YES! My sentiments exactly.
N/A

Hi guys, what is this about four static IP's? I would be interested to know why I do not get this, and secondly.. What does this mean, and how would I use such a feature, I am interested now it has been mentioned Smiley if anyone could reply and let me know mainly as to why I don't get this and am paying this amount of money for a connection which could cost a hell of a lot less!! f9 are getting quite a large amount of extra money out of us paying more, and it seems either I am mistaken or I am paying more for less!!
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

With regards to blocks of four static IP addresses, these should only be on an account that has asked for them. However, there have been a couple of instances in the past where an issue with the system has ment that some Premier accounts have ended up with a block of IP addresses rather than their standard one address.

You can request a block of four by raising a link:Contact Us Ticket and stating a valid reason for the request. Though I would only suggest doing this if you know what you're doing when it comes to configuring your equipment to make use of the multiple IP addresses.

As for people on the higher price accounts, the options available to these people have been outlined in detail elsewhere on these forums. But it boils down to either staying as they are and getting an upgrade to a faster speed when they become available, or dropping down to a less expensive package.
N/A

OK, well it isn't something which would actually interest me that much..

Just curious as to what exactly is the issue here though, noticed this for a while now, but the upload does slightly effect the download by about 10 - 20kbps .. also it is the other way around and therefore can cause issues with uploading, not quite sure as to what is causing this, and if there is something to do with the line at fault here, or if this is a normal issue with other peoples connections? Can download fairly good, just that one seems to have an effect on the other.

Edit: Noticed this ever since the connection became faster I think it may have been ok at 1Mbit not certain...

Still might see if I can downgrade, you rekon it is worth sticking with the higher priced connection, or going down to the lower priced connection?