Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who likes the local pub?

LiamM
Grafter

Who likes the local pub?

I do!

There's nothing I like better than popping down to the local pub for a couple of quality cask ale pints in a relaxed, homely environment with a few mates on an evening.

It surprises me to find people that don't like going to the pub. What do we all think?

I guess it probably differs whether you're in the country (like me) with a nice country pub, or whether or not you're in the towns where the chavs go out to play at night.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Who likes the local pub?

Err whats wrong with us townies then !! ?? :lol:
We have some cracking pubs in Heywood where you can spend a good evening with really friendly people. Smiley

Much better than canned beer and dross on the TV.
LiamM
Grafter

Who likes the local pub?

There is a difference between being a townie, and just being a normal, nice guy who lives in a town.

You are certainly the latter, and definately not the former - i can tell you that as I have had the pleasure of meeting you in the past.
N/A

Who likes the local pub?

The whoHuh ( not the group lol ),

Cant say I go to the pub, cant say I drink. Must pubs round here are truely filled with chavs although there are a couple decent ones.
N/A

Who likes the local pub?

A lot depends on your local pubs.
Two of mine sell overpriced fizzy swill, they don't have a relaxed, homely environment, their more of a noisy fast turnover so called fun pub. Great if that's what you looking for, and of course they exist for younger people with a lot of desposibe income.
Going two miles into town, any pub that has proven viable has long since been taken over, been given a stupid name, usually with no local connection, expects you to drink out of a bottle and wont make you welcome if you take to long over a drink.
That leaves three other local puds, what I call estate pubs, one is run down and is a chav magnet, the other two are fine and have a pleasent but not a genuine homely environment.
So yes, I like country pubs if the wife stays on fruit juice and drives.
I used to work in a pub when I was younger, the sort where if you didn't take a women with you, you would certainly find one to spend the night and your money with.
Hard work but great fun it was at weekends, very busy with live acts and disco's etc, thats where I met the girl I married, only she was working there too, not a customer.
N/A

Who likes the local pub?

10 days, till I can experience the joys of going down your local pub for a pint. I'll be going as soon as it strikes midnight thanks to the new pub closing times.
craigbrass
Grafter

Who likes the local pub?

One of my relations used to own a pub out in the country. 30 odd years ago when she got it, it would be heaving with people of a night. This was still true up until about 5 or so years ago. The popularity died down to what it was a few months ago, just a few people popping in of a night. She closed it just over a month or so ago now.

More and more people are drinking at home these days and thats the cause of it.
csogilvie
Grafter

Who likes the local pub?

I avoid going to pubs if I can avoid it.
N/A

Who likes the local pub?

Colin, I assume by that double negative that you spend your live in pubs.
N/A

Who likes the local pub?

Hard work but great fun it was at weekends, very busy with live acts and disco's etc, thats where I met the girl I married, only she was working there too, not a customer.

Funny you should mention that Paul. I met my wife in the club I was working in. She too was working there and we are now married with a great 3 yr old son that Plusnet would not like to have running loose in their server room.
Would Plusnet babysit next time we are in Sheffield :lol:

Regards,