cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to start

xpher
Grafter

Where to start

OK I've read lots of bits about uploading php files, but I still don't get it.
My cgi is activated, but everytime I try to ftp to my space I can't even find it.
I've tried cgi.username.f9.com and crofters but all get is login incorrect. (Yes I did substitute username for my username.

Why have to do this with php anyway? Never known anything so daft, other providers I've used/use keep it so simple.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Where to start

I tend to use cgi.force9.net (which works for me), but, as you've pointed out, there are other names which can be used; crofters.force9.net should work as well.

I'd be interested how those other providers did things!
N/A

Where to start

Presumably using cgi.username.force9.co.uk works, considering thats what the actual URL is - for accessing in a web browser anyway.
N/A

Where to start

I'd be interested how those other providers did things!

I don't know of any ISPs that offer PHP, but most webhosts that do let you have all the files on the one server.
xpher
Grafter

Where to start

I just keep getting 'Log in incorrect'

(ps ClaraNet is one that you just upload php as normal)
N/A

Where to start

Have you changed your password? Failing that, contact support (ticket through link:Contact Us is probably best) and they may be able to get someone from networks who may be able to change the password for you.
xpher
Grafter

Where to start

I am assuming that my password is the same as my normal login?
N/A

Where to start

Possibly, although they can be different on the CGI Platform, and also used to expire (and may still do, although mine never has) - http://portal.f9.net.uk/support/webspace/cgi_guide.shtml#20 has more information on Passwords Exprining.