cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to go on Honeymoon?

N/A

Hi all,

I am trying to find somewhere suitable to go on honeymoon in May 2006. My wife to be and I had planned on going to Bali for 2-3 weeks; however since the place got quite bombed recently, we're a little worried that the place may not have been repaired sufficiently. We'd normally just have gone ahead and assumed normality would have been restored but we went to the Bahamas in January of this year and the place was a mess still from when the hurricanes hit it last year and we don't want to go to another supposed to be idyllic location to find a disaster zone.

Any suggestions of somewhere quiet and tranquil, preferably not a large commercial resort would be gratefully received. I've been diving before and quite fancy doing some more of that but generally it'll be a laze around, be pampered and spend time reading and listening to the music. Oh and one final thing, we'd like for it to be 25C+ and chav free. Wink

Cheers,
22 REPLIES
N/A

We get married next year also, if it helps here's our honeymoon shortlist.

We have a few more locations but theres unfortunately little point in going to anywhere effected by the tsunami. In no particular order:

Goa
Mexico
N america (tour)
Dubai
Jamaica
LiamM
Grafter

Congrats Rich.... That is quite a selection. I fancie all of them....

Dubai is amazing apparently... as is Jamaica.

Somewhere different I think is the best. Not like Barbados, Hawaii etc... - but cliche.
N/A

South Africa, Cape town is a great place for all the things you mentioned and chav free I would imagine.
madswitcher
Grafter

Hi
Depending on 'what you want to do' on your honeymoon, if you like driving then fly to San Diago and drive leasurely up highway number 1 (the coastal highway) all the way up to San Francisco - take about 10 days to do it stopping at 5 or 6 places on the way. Miss LA - it's the pits, but SFO is wonderful and you will be there out of season.

An alternative?

regards, Mike
Community Veteran

If you are looking for a tropical paradise, where you fly there by helicopter then I can recommend the, Isles of Scilly.

Go for a Superior Castle Room @ http://www.star-castle.co.uk

You would need to check the weather for May.

Chilly

PS, Not a place for 2 to 3 weeks, 4 nights at most.
N/A

Blackpool? Skegness? - :lol:
N/A

Goa is the one if you want to laze and and relax, temperatures in May will be 30 degrees.

The beaches are superb, the people friendly, get yourselves a four or five star hotel at the southern end of the coast and chill out.
N/A

If you are looking for a tropical paradise, where you fly there by helicopter then I can recommend the, Isles of Scilly.

Go for a Superior Castle Room @ http://www.star-castle.co.uk

You would need to check the weather for May.

Chilly

PS, Not a place for 2 to 3 weeks, 4 nights at most.

Scilly ISles being where they are i'd hardly describe them as tropical Wink It's no different climate wise than france.

I also broke my leg on the scilly isles and their "hospital" set my leg wrong meaning I had to have it re-broken back home.

It's a tiny place and nice to nip to for a weekend but I wouldn't call it a honeymoon location.
N/A

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Here at Walton-on-the-Naze we have all manner of things for the honeymooner. Great place, friendly people, sandy, clean beaches. Lots of resturants and places to go. Sorry you wouldn't be interested in the last bit Wink
N/A

:lol:

Not quite the climate i'm after, couldn't speak for the OP of course Wink

Mason
N/A

Ah well, just a thought. But honeymoon, climate. You care about the weather? :lol:
N/A

You have to rest occasionally and it's nice to be warm when doing so Wink
N/A

Cant believe nobodys mentioned Miami Shocked I went to Miami 2 years ago and cant wait to go back, its so nice over there. Theres so much to do or you can just relax on Miami beach.

You can go out on speed boats or jet ski's out ito the lovely waters, or take a trip to the Keys and your in paradise. The Everglades also are a short trip away which is amazing Cheesy

We stayed at the Richmond hotel which is a short walk from the famous Ocean Drive, a very nice hotel which backs onto South Beach!
Community Veteran

Cant believe nobodys mentioned Miami Shocked I went to Miami 2 years ago and cant wait to go back, its so nice over there. Theres so much to do or you can just relax on Miami beach.

Miami, we got lost trying to find the car hire. We nearly missed our flight.

Englewood on the other side of the finger is much nicer; watch the sun go down as you have your evening meal in the gulf view grill after a relaxing day on the beach.

Or you could try Kefalonia; that fits the requirements; not Scala though. You could have a room with sea or mountain view at the Trapezaki Bay Hotel; where Nikos and Sophia will be your hosts (god I sound like a brouchure). Enjoy the cuisine in the nefeli restaurant or one of the local tavernas. Go on the glass bottom boat for a beach BBQ with captain maquis or prehaps head to Assos or Fiscardo...