cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I download a driver for the Binatone ADSL 500?

N/A

I need to reinstall the driver and I can't find the CD, and I can't find the driver anywhere on freeonline.net or the binatone website :shock:
5 REPLIES
N/A

Have you tried http://portal.free-online.net/supportpages.html?a=225 yet? There is a link for drivers there. You might want to look at my post earlier about compatibility with this modem. If you don't have an Intel based PC you could have the same problems that I had. Mine works fine now on my Celeron PC.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

You can get all the binatone drivers from their FTP site at

ftp://customer:binatone@80.176.199.241/

The new version of the modem has 3 lights, the orginal 2 lights.
N/A

Thanks very much for your help! I had some problems along the way - it wanted me to insert my Windows 98 disk but it wouldn't open the disk drive (!) but I persevered and it's all working great again now.

Jessica Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Jessica,

If that happens again, then the easiest way around it is to copy the contents of the Binatone CD to your hard-drive and insert the Windows CD before you start the installation.
N/A

Oooh now that would have been a good idea! I laboriously found all the Windows files it wanted on the Windows CD and copied those to a floppy.

I like your tip much better for next time though (although god forbid that I ever have to reinstall my hard drive again...)