cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where PlusNet leads...

Liam
Grafter

Where PlusNet leads...

... even the highways agency are at it now!

Photo taken by me on the M42 around Birmingham where they have "Active Traffic Management" in place. Always makes me chuckle - thought it was worth sharing :-)

I also like the references to "Variable Speed Limits Ahead" and "Congestion, slow down".

More info on this : http://www.roadtraffic-technology.com/projects/m42/
6 REPLIES
N/A

Where PlusNet leads...

Neither asking for, nor offering Community Support, so moved to Chit Chat.
Community Veteran

Where PlusNet leads...

I hope you weren't driving at the time Liam Wink
holdtight
Grafter

Where PlusNet leads...

Very amusing ! made me chuckle too Tongue
Community Veteran

Where PlusNet leads...

No this analogy is not right, some roads have fast lanes.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

Where PlusNet leads...

If lots of people drive on the road, it's slow down.

If its empty, it'll be full of cones to slow you down.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Where PlusNet leads...

Ah, I see they've invented a new name for 'Variable Speed Limits' on the M25. Love the way the new name seems more technical than what it actually is, but in effect is makes no bloody difference. Wonder if they've changed the signs yet (they are worded 'Variable Speed Limits' there).

Which if you look at, 'Variable Speed Limits' is actually quite true for PlusNet as well Smiley
Remove the marketing-speak and you have a more accurate description of what it actually is!

Wonder if it's as good as the M25 one, where queues only seem to appear when passing the word 'Queue' on the dot-matrix boards after which they suddenly decide to suddendly impose a 40mph limit on clear stretch of motorway with a moderate amount of traffic, and the classic one where the signs will suddendly switch on or change just as you're going underneath the gantry under the old speed - I wonder if you could get done by the speed cameras then?

Probably would because it would lose the 'safety' paternships too much money - so I guess they expect you to slam on the brakes when you're going under a gantry which is not on (so national limit) and then suddenly swithes onto 50, as I seem to remember happening to me once Evil