cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you're good you're good and when you're bad you're horr

N/A

When you're good you're good and when you're bad you're horr

I like F9 as witnessed by the dozens of accounts we use through our business.

However - I fail to understand why there is no sensible escalation process to involve managers.

Our adsl at this site has been down now sine Wednesday. I have made dozens of calls to F9 and posted up the status of the router etc etc..

I just rang in again and was told the following by the young man who I spoke to:-

a) You cant speak to a manager as they dont take calls.

b) I wont give you my name as its against policy to do so.

c) I wont promise you that the problem will be looked at this morning (even though you are now in the 6th day of downtime

d) Network engineers dont work saturday or sunday so they cant clear blocked "sessions" when they occur over the weekend.

F9 is excellent when its good - but when its bad - its horrible.

Peter Blundell
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: When you're good you're good and when you're bad you're

Good afternoon,
I have since discussed this matter with the agent involved. He did correctly state policy in that supervisors are not customer facing - our business method allows us to empower each agent with the tools they need to resolve your issue, allowing for a "one-touch" resolution.
Your situation is slightly more complicated -- due to the complexity of your situation, a fault has been logged with BT (see the most recent ticket on your account) and we expect to see a positive outcome shortly.
Apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
Best Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Thanks for the reply Mike.

All I can say is that we are now in "Day 6" of downtime. I have called F9 several times a day since last thursday - yet the "One touch resolution" didnt pass this to BT until this 6th day of the problem.

Now I maintain that normal escalation should have seen this logged with BT within 24 hours (say last Thursday afternoon) - not as we approach a full week of downtime.

I fail to understand why our "situation" is "more complicated"Huh?. We have an adsl attached to a Zyxel Router which is configured exactly as per the instructions given on F9. It is exactly the same sort of config that operates on all 40 odd accounts. Hence I am puzzled by this.

Regards

Peter Blundell

> Good afternoon,
>
> I have since discussed this matter with the agent involved. He did correctly state policy in that supervisors are not customer facing - our business method allows us to empower each agent with the tools they need to resolve your issue, allowing for a "one-touch" resolution.
>
> Your situation is slightly more complicated -- due to the complexity of your situation, a fault has been logged with BT (see the most recent ticket on your account) and we expect to see a positive outcome shortly.
>
> Apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
>
> Best Regards,
> Mike
>
> --
> | Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

Sword
Grafter

Be persistent in asking to speak to a manager. I can recall my father being fed the same patter a year or two ago, but he eventually got to speak to a manager, admittedly after allegedly making the person on the other end of the phone cry first!!
It can be done, and a refund was given to compensate for F9's poor service at the time.

Regards,
S.

> Thanks for the reply Mike.
>
> All I can say is that we are now in "Day 6" of downtime. I have called F9 several times a day since last thursday - yet the "One touch resolution" didnt pass this to BT until this 6th day of the problem.
>
> Now I maintain that normal escalation should have seen this logged with BT within 24 hours (say last Thursday afternoon) - not as we approach a full week of downtime.
>
> I fail to understand why our "situation" is "more complicated"Huh?. We have an adsl attached to a Zyxel Router which is configured exactly as per the instructions given on F9. It is exactly the same sort of config that operates on all 40 odd accounts. Hence I am puzzled by this.
>
> Regards
>
> Peter Blundell
>
> > Good afternoon,
> >
> > I have since discussed this matter with the agent involved. He did correctly state policy in that supervisors are not customer facing - our business method allows us to empower each agent with the tools they need to resolve your issue, allowing for a "one-touch" resolution.
> >
> > Your situation is slightly more complicated -- due to the complexity of your situation, a fault has been logged with BT (see the most recent ticket on your account) and we expect to see a positive outcome shortly.
> >
> > Apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Mike
> >
> > --
> > | Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> > | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> > | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
> > + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
>
>

N/A

Day 7 - STILL NO ADSL.
EXACTLY THE SAME SYMPTOMS AS DAYS 1,2,3,4,5 and 6.
IS THIS SOME SORT OF A RECORD?
PETER BLUNDELL

> Be persistent in asking to speak to a manager. I can recall my father being fed the same patter a year or two ago, but he eventually got to speak to a manager, admittedly after allegedly making the person on the other end of the phone cry first!!
> It can be done, and a refund was given to compensate for F9's poor service at the time.
>
> Regards,
> S.
>
>
> > Thanks for the reply Mike.
> >
> > All I can say is that we are now in "Day 6" of downtime. I have called F9 several times a day since last thursday - yet the "One touch resolution" didnt pass this to BT until this 6th day of the problem.
> >
> > Now I maintain that normal escalation should have seen this logged with BT within 24 hours (say last Thursday afternoon) - not as we approach a full week of downtime.
> >
> > I fail to understand why our "situation" is "more complicated"Huh?. We have an adsl attached to a Zyxel Router which is configured exactly as per the instructions given on F9. It is exactly the same sort of config that operates on all 40 odd accounts. Hence I am puzzled by this.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Peter Blundell
> >
> > > Good afternoon,
> > >
> > > I have since discussed this matter with the agent involved. He did correctly state policy in that supervisors are not customer facing - our business method allows us to empower each agent with the tools they need to resolve your issue, allowing for a "one-touch" resolution.
> > >
> > > Your situation is slightly more complicated -- due to the complexity of your situation, a fault has been logged with BT (see the most recent ticket on your account) and we expect to see a positive outcome shortly.
> > >
> > > Apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
> > >
> > > Best Regards,
> > > Mike
> > >
> > > --
> > > | Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> > > | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> > > | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
> > > + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
> >
> >
>
>

N/A

> Thanks for the reply Mike.
>
> All I can say is that we are now in "Day 6" of downtime. I have called F9 several times a day since last thursday - yet the "One touch resolution" didnt pass this to BT until this 6th day of the problem.
>
> Now I maintain that normal escalation should have seen this logged with BT within 24 hours (say last Thursday afternoon) - not as we approach a full week of downtime.
>
> I fail to understand why our "situation" is "more complicated"Huh?. We have an adsl attached to a Zyxel Router which is configured exactly as per the instructions given on F9. It is exactly the same sort of config that operates on all 40 odd accounts. Hence I am puzzled by this.
Hi there,
The reason your fault took longer than normal is that your session was showing as still active - this can be caused either by BT's RAS or our termination equipment not realising that your session had closed (BT not sending RADIUS stop packets correctly).
To eliminate us as the point of failure, your ticket was escalated to the ISP operations team to ensure our termination platform had not caught your session - the ISP Ops team don't work weekends and this caused the bulk of your delay [1]. Once it was established that the problem was at BT, we escalated it through to them (as shown in your tickets).
We apologise for the delay in the resolution of your issues, and we have taken steps to ensure this kind of thing does not happen again (see note [1]).
Regards,
Mike
--
[1] We have taken steps by configuring our termination equipment so that sessions are tested and flushed hourly since your problem arose, to combat your specific problem on a service-wide scale
N/A

> Be persistent in asking to speak to a manager. I can recall my father being fed the same patter a year or two ago, but he eventually got to speak to a manager, admittedly after allegedly making the person on the other end of the phone cry first!!
> It can be done, and a refund was given to compensate for F9's poor service at the time.
Good morning,
Team Leaders do not speak to customers mainly because they are there to monitor and overview the flow of work being passed through to agents (calls and tickets). In many cases they are not technical and there is no value in speaking to a team leader (as the chances are they will not be able to help you as well as a regular agent). The likelyhood is that if the agent was reduced to tears the TL took the call so that the agent could calm down - this is an extremely rare situation and I can confirm that company policy is never changed if you do get through to a team leader (i.e., if the agent said we can't issue a refund due to company policy, then speaking to a team leader will not change that policy).
Regards,
Mike
--
N/A

Well the good news is that we are now up and running again - yippee!

Can I add that I do not agree with reducing agents to tears or being abusive/aggressive - their job must be nearly as stressful as mine - and I do try to be polite at all times.

However it does seem to have taken a long time to get "action" (with a resultant 6 1/2 days lost) so I hope that the next time your new steps will kick into life rather quicker.

Thanks for getting it sorted - dont get me wrong - I am still an F9 supporter - but if we dont point out the problems then you are unlikely to change your processes.

Regards

Peter Blundell

> > Thanks for the reply Mike.
> >
> > All I can say is that we are now in "Day 6" of downtime. I have called F9 several times a day since last thursday - yet the "One touch resolution" didnt pass this to BT until this 6th day of the problem.
> >
> > Now I maintain that normal escalation should have seen this logged with BT within 24 hours (say last Thursday afternoon) - not as we approach a full week of downtime.
> >
> > I fail to understand why our "situation" is "more complicated"Huh?. We have an adsl attached to a Zyxel Router which is configured exactly as per the instructions given on F9. It is exactly the same sort of config that operates on all 40 odd accounts. Hence I am puzzled by this.
>
> Hi there,
>
> The reason your fault took longer than normal is that your session was showing as still active - this can be caused either by BT's RAS or our termination equipment not realising that your session had closed (BT not sending RADIUS stop packets correctly).
>
> To eliminate us as the point of failure, your ticket was escalated to the ISP operations team to ensure our termination platform had not caught your session - the ISP Ops team don't work weekends and this caused the bulk of your delay [1]. Once it was established that the problem was at BT, we escalated it through to them (as shown in your tickets).
>
> We apologise for the delay in the resolution of your issues, and we have taken steps to ensure this kind of thing does not happen again (see note [1]).
>
> Regards,
> Mike
>
> --
> | Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
>
> [1] We have taken steps by configuring our termination equipment so that sessions are tested and flushed hourly since your problem arose, to combat your specific problem on a service-wide scale

Sword
Grafter

Who said anything about being aggresive? Merely persitence and insistence did the trick of finally getting through to a manager. And as for CS teams ever even being given the authority to give refunds...don't make me laugh!
As you said initially, when F9 Customer Services are good, they are very good, but when they are bad, there are the probably the worst!

Simon.

>
> Can I add that I do not agree with reducing agents to tears or being abusive/aggressive - their job must be nearly as stressful as mine - and I do try to be polite at all times.
>
> However it does seem to have taken a long time to get "action" (with a resultant 6 1/2 days lost) so I hope that the next time your new steps will kick into life rather quicker.
>
> Thanks for getting it sorted - dont get me wrong - I am still an F9 supporter - but if we dont point out the problems then you are unlikely to change your processes.
>
> Regards
>
> Peter Blundell
>
>
> > > Thanks for the reply Mike.
> > >
> > > All I can say is that we are now in "Day 6" of downtime. I have called F9 several times a day since last thursday - yet the "One touch resolution" didnt pass this to BT until this 6th day of the problem.
> > >
> > > Now I maintain that normal escalation should have seen this logged with BT within 24 hours (say last Thursday afternoon) - not as we approach a full week of downtime.
> > >
> > > I fail to understand why our "situation" is "more complicated"Huh?. We have an adsl attached to a Zyxel Router which is configured exactly as per the instructions given on F9. It is exactly the same sort of config that operates on all 40 odd accounts. Hence I am puzzled by this.
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > The reason your fault took longer than normal is that your session was showing as still active - this can be caused either by BT's RAS or our termination equipment not realising that your session had closed (BT not sending RADIUS stop packets correctly).
> >
> > To eliminate us as the point of failure, your ticket was escalated to the ISP operations team to ensure our termination platform had not caught your session - the ISP Ops team don't work weekends and this caused the bulk of your delay [1]. Once it was established that the problem was at BT, we escalated it through to them (as shown in your tickets).
> >
> > We apologise for the delay in the resolution of your issues, and we have taken steps to ensure this kind of thing does not happen again (see note [1]).
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mike
> >
> > --
> > | Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> > | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> > | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
> > + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
> >
> > [1] We have taken steps by configuring our termination equipment so that sessions are tested and flushed hourly since your problem arose, to combat your specific problem on a service-wide scale
>
>

N/A

> Who said anything about being aggresive? Merely persitence and insistence did the trick of finally getting through to a manager. And as for CS teams ever even being given the authority to give refunds...don't make me laugh!
> As you said initially, when F9 Customer Services are good, they are very good, but when they are bad, there are the probably the worst!
Simon,
I will state again that this is the company policy - team leaders are there to manage the teams, nothing more.
Our CS agents do have the authority to make refunds, however they can only do this if it is in line with company policy (incorrect billing, etc).
Regards,
--