cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Bt upgrading my line

N/A

Like Im still on 2 meg connection for crying out loud. Like one of my family members have been upgraded but why not me lol. Bt what the hell are you playing at.
3 REPLIES
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I’m not sure why you are asking and complaining about BT on a Force9 forum.

In the present climate if you have a solid 2 Meg connection don’t be too hasty at getting an ‘upgrade’. If you read the many posts on the forum you will notice many of the complaints are from people who have been ‘upgraded’ to either ADSL Max or Tiscali LLU.

Just because the blurb is “Up to 8 Meg” does not mean you will get 8 Meg, you may get less than you have already. It depends on the distance from the exchange, the quality of your line and many other factors.

You family member may have a good quality ADSL Max (or other line) but that does not mean you will get the same result. Even neighbours and people with two lines terminating in the same house get wildly different results.

My advice, wait until the dust settles and be thankful you have a 2 Meg connection that works. I only had a 512K connection for two years before my ‘upgrade’ to max. Many users are asking to go back to a stable 2 Meg connection instead of an unstable Max connection.

The ‘upgrades’ I believe are still ‘On Hold’ until BT get the gremlins out of the system and users get a stable line. Also if you play on line games you may not like the Ping rate you get with an Interleaved Max line.

Regards, Colin.
N/A

I’m not sure why you are asking and complaining about BT on a Force9 forum.

In the present climate if you have a solid 2 Meg connection don’t be too hasty at getting an ‘upgrade’. If you read the many posts on the forum you will notice many of the complaints are from people who have been ‘upgraded’ to either ADSL Max or Tiscali LLU.

Just because the blurb is “Up to 8 Meg” does not mean you will get 8 Meg, you may get less than you have already. It depends on the distance from the exchange, the quality of your line and many other factors.

You family member may have a good quality ADSL Max (or other line) but that does not mean you will get the same result. Even neighbours and people with two lines terminating in the same house get wildly different results.

My advice, wait until the dust settles and be thankful you have a 2 Meg connection that works. I only had a 512K connection for two years before my ‘upgrade’ to max. Many users are asking to go back to a stable 2 Meg connection instead of an unstable Max connection.

The ‘upgrades’ I believe are still ‘On Hold’ until BT get the gremlins out of the system and users get a stable line. Also if you play on line games you may not like the Ping rate you get with an Interleaved Max line.

Regards, Colin.

Thanks for the advice. Hope It does not effect how I play online,should be better if anything I hope. The Upload speed is bound to be better.
N/A

Boo

Im more than happy on 2mb (i will only get a max of 4mb anyway).

My sisters teenage son is on 4mb but his ISP is BT!!! he says other than downloads his gaming, which he does 99% of his internet connection for is no different.

I Would be happy with a bit more upload speed than anything else for e-mails etc.

John