cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can we expect network bandwidth to improve?

N/A

When can we expect network bandwidth to improve?

Hi,
Can someone from F9 tell me when my ADSL bandwidth might start to improve? That would be most appreciated.

Ivan

--
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: When can we expect network bandwidth to improve?

> Hi,
> Can someone from F9 tell me when my ADSL bandwidth might start to improve? That would be most appreciated.

Ivan,

We expect you will be seeing an improvement of the service since this morning after the instal of the new Redback hardware at Telehouse. However, we still need to carry out some futher work on our DSL platform that will be announced shortly but these changes will not be service affecting and we will be making announcements shortly just clarify this point.

The feedback we have received today from the mediums that we support and monitor has been of a positive nature and we we are quite pleased with that at the moment.

However, there is much work to do and to keep ahead of things but we are confident now that our DSL platform is resilient enough for us to provide a quality DSL service.

Best Regards,

Dave.

--
| David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

> > Hi,
> > Can someone from F9 tell me when my ADSL bandwidth might start to improve? That would be most appreciated.
>
>
> Ivan,
>
> We expect you will be seeing an improvement of the service since this morning after the instal of the new Redback hardware at Telehouse. However, we still need to carry out some futher work on our DSL platform that will be announced shortly but these changes will not be service affecting and we will be making announcements shortly just clarify this point.
>
> The feedback we have received today from the mediums that we support and monitor has been of a positive nature and we we are quite pleased with that at the moment.
>
> However, there is much work to do and to keep ahead of things but we are confident now that our DSL platform is resilient enough for us to provide a quality DSL service.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Dave.
>

Sorry to disappoint ya Dave, but I ain't seen any improvement at all today over the last few weeks. I'm still getting higher pings than I did when I first signed up, I still get periods of no data transfer and I still get disconnected and the ADSL link has to be re-established (but I suspect that is to do with my line). I can access your server (monitor.force9.net) at around 450Kbps, but my access to other sites (dslreports.com and McAfee.com speed testers) report it at little over 200Kbps. As I can access you servers ok (or at least they tell me it's ok, not sure how accurate the report is, or if you're just trying to make me feel better) so I'm assuming it's the connection from you to the rest of the net that is causing my slow connection (seems like a logical conclusion doesn't it people?), although I do realise that these site are based in the USA and there may be a lot of traffic enroute to and at these servers. Still I feel these numbers could be a little higher.
N/A

> Sorry to disappoint ya Dave, but I ain't seen any improvement at all today over the last few weeks. I'm still getting higher pings than I did when I first signed up, I still get periods of no data transfer and I still get disconnected and the ADSL link has to be re-established (but I suspect that is to do with my line).

I am also getting this type of behaviour, disconnections etc... I thought it was a noisy line or a faulty microfilter (which I replaced), but I thought wrong.

I'm currently getting 148.30 kbps from monitor.force9.net, and I'm on ADSL 500 :/.

Frank
N/A

Sun Nov 10 22:06:06 GMT 2002

PlusNET Technologies Bandwidth Meter

Your current bandwidth reading is:

50.20kbps

which means you can download at 6.28 KB/sec. from our servers.

And you think you guys got it bad !!! Sad

I am also on ADSL btw not a 56k modem!