cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats happened to dslConnect?

smithg
Hooked

Now Broadband lite has been added to the product range what has happened to the dslConnect products? They seem to have disappeared.

My sister signed up to dslConnect recently and though slower than the Broadband lite product they do have some advantages (e.g. no monthly download limit). Has the product been dropped - if so what will happen to the current customers?
6 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Whats happened to dslConnect?

The DSL Connect products are still available, but we will not be actively promoting them on the website any longer. This may be subject to change sometime in the future.
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

The DSLconnect accounts have been withdrawn for future users, howver current account holders can keep their accounts indefinately.

regards

Luke
N/A

Luke Horwath
Free-Online Customer Support

Free-Online are recruiting now - See our Careers Page for more details

Luke - you may want to check that URL in your tag, since http://www.free-online.net/careers/index.html is a 404 Wink

BTW - Does that mean that existing Connect 512 customers can upgrade to 1Mb under the same terms, or are they forced to take one of the new products with DL limits et al ?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've fixed Luke's sig for him. Cheesy

dslConnect offered speeds of 150, 200 or 250kbps. We've no problems with dslConnect customers staying where they are on the current product types, we've no plans to force anyone to move off of them and we'll continue to offer full support to them.

At the same time they can regrade to a higher speed service if they want to. Unfortunately at present there is no simple regrade path to change from a dslConnect account to a Broadband Home account which is why the cost is higher than the other regrades. We are expecting easy regrade path from BT Wholesale later in the years which should make it easier and bring the cost down.

One thing with the new Broadband Home accounts is that they don't have download "limits". The Home Lite accounts have a set amount of included bandwidth (e.g. 1GB) and if you use all that 1GB the connection doesn't stop, you'll just buy another GB with a ceiling on the price, but not the bandwidth.
The Premier option, like ADSL Home allows you to use as much bandwidth as you like.
N/A

OK, thanks for that. I got mixed up with what account I have, its the DSL Home 512, so I guess that you havent really changed things for people such as myself. You have just made fairer options for people who are not regular or heavy users.
So - to confirm, the upgrade cost from DSL Home 512 (self-install) to Home 1Mb (both on 12mth contract) is likely to be in the £15 region?

Thanks

Vic
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Exactly right, if you want to move to Home 1Mbps on an annual contract it's £14.99.