cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the max upload on a 2mb connection

ggiannandrea
Grafter

I've got 2mb premium account and was wondering what the max upload rate should be.
I can currently upload at a max of 30kb but thought that it would be higher as this is the same upload rate as I was achieving on my 512k connection.
(using bittorent software no problems on my download speed )
3 REPLIES
slev
Grafter

HI

At the moment all upload speeds are the same due to the way BT has this setup,

I have read when MaxDSL is released this will change though, when and by how much who knows, I guess we will just have to wait and see what thr trials have shown.

Kind Regards

Ian
orrery
Grafter

Does anyone know if MaxDSL will work with existing gateway/routers and modems?

regards
Ian
N/A

Hi Ian,

Ian wrote:
Does anyone know if MaxDSL will work with existing gateway/routers and modems?

I think you'll find that the answer varies depending upon the age of the equipemnt. So if the kit is more than 2-3 years old it might not in some cases have the same level of future proofing as newer kit. However most recent ADSL Modems & Routers/Gateways do tend to be future proofed and will accept services upto 8MB's already without any major problems. Some kit might just require a quick firmware update to meet the newest MAXDSL speeds.

**As far as I understand it, MAXDSL is still a form of DSL so most equipment should happily deal with it straight off no problems. Its only when the line speeds or network speed exceed 8MB that problems might start to be seen and kit not be able to deal with the bandwidth. At this point though I think most people will have to buy new kit (in my opinion). I think thats whats most likley to happen.

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User