:?:

Thomas
22 REPLIES
N/A

What do you do in this hot weather?

Another rather biased poll Tongue

Where are the

• Forced to remain indoors
  • Looking for excuses to visit another work department, relative or friend that has air conditioning
  • What sun are you on about

Or the number one excuse for my list
  • Made to work in the air tight software vault one second, then the semi-air conditioned server room the next

That is worse than just enduring heat.
Community Veteran

Lol! I would add the other options, but unfrtunately PHPBB messes up when you edit a current poll. Wink

Thomas
Ianwild
Grafter

I wish it was warm...

Our office is Brrr...... Freezing - I can hardly type.

Air conditioning is good, but thermostats (Or people that install them in stupid palces) are not.
Community Veteran

Lol.... did they install the thermostat inside an oven or something then? Cheesy

Thomas
Ianwild
Grafter

We don't know... It seems to be near a window or in a hot room - Our A/C is a little complicated!

Regards,
N/A

I work in a chilled food factory where the temp is anywhere between -20 to +6 degrees, in other words, cold. It makes no odds what the temp is outside. However I am off work at the moment having injured my back and I am hobbling around on sticks. Sitting in the garden in the sunshine sure beats work any day. Shame the kids are on school holidays as I am unable to drive like this so I can't take them anywhere just yet, but they are able to bring me plenty of cool lagers out to my seat in the sun. Looks like another sunny day today.

As Marc Bolan (T.rex) once said or rather sang. Life's a gas :lol:
Community Veteran

*gasp*

No CowboyNeal option? Tongue

B.
N/A

It is pretty damned overcast here in Liverpool, and looks to be getting worse all the time.

If it is anything like last months heatwave, once it start raining, the humidity will go off the scale again. We could hardly breeth in the office last time, so we all buggered off home.
Community Veteran

I like to stay in when it's too hot, prefer being out and about at times other than lunch time but i dont really get an option. we've had work going on on our air con in my office over the last few months but luckily it seems to be operating today.

Chris
N/A

Can I perhaps recommend a sloping garden, large plastic tarpaulin, hose pipe, bottle of washing-up liquid and a bunch of kids of all ages - me included?

GR8 fun.... and so COOL.
N/A

funny you should mention that. half of my garden is at a 40° angle :?

personally I stay indoors trying to keep the heat outside Smiley
N/A

Bradshaws sell reasonably priced tarpaulins in a wide range of sizes, mail order. Mine is blue but they do a very fetching "multi-stripe". I expect they have a web site and accept plastic. I did get a couple of packets of free eylets too because their "next day delivery" wasn't.
N/A

** WARNING **

Don't go for the extra strength tstuff, thinking it will last you longer.

It is nylon thread re-inforced, and it gives nasty rope burns when sliding on it Tongue

It was all fun and games, till we sobbered up.
N/A

Ohhh that sound's pretty horrible Smiley

I have no work to goto, so I usually just hide in doors with all the windows open and 4 fans on Smiley