cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a Morning

Community Veteran

What a Morning

Got to college this morning went to go to the room I should be in and the block it was in was shut (F Block) It had flodded overnight.

Before I go on I need to point out that the college was built in the 1960's (according to website - I think it may be older :razz: ) and half of it is going to be demolished next year once the first stage of the new build is finished.

Our lesson was instead held in room "605" which is right at the top of the tower block, It looked like there was going to be a fair wait for the lift so I took the stairs up to the 6th (and top) floor. At break I decided I would take the lift down so did the rest of the class apart from one or two who took the stairs so we all pile in when the lift finally arrives and someone presses the button for the ground floor and the first , second, third, fourth, fith and once we departed sixth (Clever Cloggs they were) so the doors close another pair of clever cloggs decide to jump lift cart swings slightly. We arrive at level 5 doors open then we wait and they close we arrive at level four doors open and before they close I get out of the lift and decide it would be quicker walking besides the fact I didn't want to plummet to my death. I go down the stairs beating the lift to each floor by miles (i didn't see it again). The others didn't appear for another few minutes (they didn't get stuck though).

So that got me thinking any lift stories / distaster tales?
4 REPLIES
N/A

What a Morning

I often use the goods only lift at work despite the warning signs not to. Sure enough one day it got stuck between floors, being a goods lift there was no phone or emergency button to let anybody know I was stuck.
When finally released, only because a delivery arrived, I was rewarded with a written warning.
However I still ride the same lift, some people never learn. Smiley
Community Veteran

What a Morning

I suppose daleks can't use stairs (well older ones anyhow). Tip, when you go in the lift take a mobile phone with you. :razz:
Metalguru
Grafter

What a Morning

The lift servicing engineers were on the ground floor of the 1960's tower block.

Working on one of the lifts, giving it it's first major overhall for a number of years.

As they winched the lift up a little to get underneath it, one of the workman yelled out a string of expleetives.

In the pit below the floor of the lift ............... was a human skeleton.

The police were called out and an investigation was launched.

A crusty old police officer, who obviously didn't want to be there, was told by his Inspector to remain by the pit and preserve the scene.

A little while later, one of the work man asked the officer :-

"Any Idea who that was officer"

The officer replied :-

"That sir, was the 1963 world hide and seek champion."
Community Veteran

What a Morning

God, don't the tower block at college is going to be demolished soon. (well once the new building is finished any how.