cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to your ADSL forum!

N/A

Welcome to your ADSL forum!

Dear Customers,

Welcome to the ADSL Broadband forum. Here you can discuss all aspects of broadband connectivity, from cisco routers to how to get instant messengers working behind your firewall!

Customer support do not officially monitor this forum, so if you have a genuine technical issue, please use the normal contact methods.

Kind Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Welcome to your ADSL forum!

> Dear Customers,
>
> Welcome to the ADSL Broadband forum. Here you can discuss all aspects of broadband connectivity, from cisco routers to how to get instant messengers working behind your firewall!
>
> Customer support do not officially monitor this forum, so if you have a genuine technical issue, please use the normal contact methods.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Mike
>
> --
> | Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support......................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

Hello Mike,
I have applyed for a DIY install of adsl and am
attempting to Get connected I have a D-link DSL-100D modem, I am just wondering about cableing! Will a standard dial-up type modem cable RJ11 to rj45 work with adsl? do I need a straight rj11 to jr11 cable with a rj11 to rj45 adaptor (or filter/spliter thingy)?
Not sure what I need, and microsfilters/spliters where do they get pluged in. I have 5! telephone outputs in my home will it be nessacrey to fit all of them with a spliter? or can I getaway with placing them Lower the TREE?

your assistance greatley appreciacted

cheers

fidz
N/A

RE: Welcome to your ADSL forum!

> Hello Mike,
> I have applyed for a DIY install of adsl and am
> attempting to Get connected I have a D-link DSL-100D modem, I am just wondering about cableing! Will a standard dial-up type modem cable RJ11 to rj45 work with adsl? do I need a straight rj11 to jr11 cable with a rj11 to rj45 adaptor (or filter/spliter thingy)?
> Not sure what I need, and microsfilters/spliters where do they get pluged in. I have 5! telephone outputs in my home will it be nessacrey to fit all of them with a spliter? or can I getaway with placing them Lower the TREE?
>
> your assistance greatley appreciacted
>
> cheers
>
> fidz
>

I'm also using a D-Link DSL-100D card, I simply have an RJ-11 to RJ-11 cable running between the card and the ADSL socket on my microfilter.

It is recommended that you have a microfilter for every phone socket that is in use. However, if you have one master socket with several extensions plugged into it, simply plug them into the phone socket on the microfilter instead.
N/A

Peer-2-Peer Programs

I am having real problems connecting to any Peer-2-Peer programs. Has anybody got any advice?

Do free-online block peer-2-peer program traffic?

Have tried Morpheus, Kazaa, LimeWire, and Bearshare.