cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website removed????

Howell
Grafter

Website removed????

I have exceeded my bandwidth allowance on my website.

Now Force 9 have auto archived all my files / pictures from my webspace. :x

Think it would be wise if there was an email sent out to inform people they have come close there limit so they could do something about it!!

I'm very annoyed. :x
6 REPLIES
N/A

Site Removal

Hello,

Yes! I agree with you 100% this is a stupid & idiotic state of affairs and a good ISP wouldnt treat its paying customers like this. This issue has happened before to other users and also reported via the forum, exactly the same comments have been made to Force9 Plusnet on a number of occations in the past so the only question I have is Why? hasnt force9 taken this feedback on board and actually done something about this situation.

Ivan :roll:
Howell
Grafter

Website removed????

I also have no idea when it will be uploaded back to my webspace? :roll:

Can anyone give me a clue as I use my webspace not just for my website but also to host various pictures for forum sigs, usefull photo's ect....
N/A

Website removed????

Hi nuttynovas

Same happened to me a few weeks back. You should have had an email from the Force9 Abuse Team stating the problem. I know how frustrated you are right now. All I can suggest is that you raise a ticket and ask for the site to be re-enabled.

The only information forthcoming for me:
Your website used 108913 KB OVER its bandwidth transfer allowance during the last 24 hours

Meaning the site, in its entirety, was downloaded 3 times in a 24 hour period. Although this was a one-off (first time over the limit in 3 and a half years) it was archived without any warning. More to the point, the website services an active online group which had no access for two days, a point which didn't go unnoticed.

My solution: The site is now hosted in the USA. I have 2Gb webspace, my own email server with fully configurable mailboxes and anti-spam, with 35Gb bandwidth to boot. All for a measly $4 per month.

Graham (aka southpk)
N/A

Website removed????

Same happened on one of my sites, don't know when as no information is avgailable. I uploaded a file for my wife to see who has had tyo go to Mumbai for 4 weeks, unfortunately she could not get it in one hit and tried a couple of times. Kaput!!!

Not only has the site been removed, but:
[list=1]STILL there is still no notification that this is done. It is allegedly an automated process, therefore it can't be too difficult to ensure an email is sent notifying of this occurrence. Look at all the other junk we have to receive which is automated!![/listShocked]
[list=1]There is no access to the site via ftp to remove the offending file, so you cannot comply with the T&C's you have to agree to to have it removed from archive[/listShocked]
[list=1]The links they provide to the FAQ's published on the website are incorrect[/listShocked]
For God's sake F9, get a grip and do it properly.

Mark
N/A

Website removed????

On second thoughts, I don't use the webspace on either of the sites so frankly, cobblers to the T&C's. I have requested the accounts now be closed.

Mark
N/A

Website removed????

just to add another warning for people here. I have had a security breach on my webspace - got the following message from F9 Abuse Team (I really object to the implication there!) - "Your website used 106310 KB OVER its webspace usage allowance during the last 24 hours."

Also this "A condition of your site being restored is that you take precautions to ensure that future levels of usage don't exceed what is allowed on your account."

I have changed my password now but am not sure how it is possible to ENSURE that this doesn't happen again. Tried to point out to F9 that if they are monitoring the webspace to check for this happening, why can't they just prevent the upload continuing? Surely they have the technical know how to achieve this?

They have pretty much ignored the last comment/suggestion from me - just re-iterating the fact that I am responsible etc etc

I haven't used my website in months so I don't know if it's worth the hassle - it seems from this forum like I'm not the only customer who's unhappy about this. It might be time for F9 to listen?