cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website allocation and stats - both disappear on DSL?

N/A

I forgot to check the small print and noticed that 2MB Premier users only have 100MB of webspace compared to 250MB on Dial up.

With less than 9MB to go, will Force 9 request I upgrade, rather than archiving my website by default?

Also, the web stats function availability seems to have vanished since I've migrated to Broadband. Maybe I'm just trying to find out where things are. If anyone knows, please drop a line.

Regards,

RJ
9 REPLIES
N/A

Website & Stats Ivan

Hi RJ,

Its unlikley that F9 will ask you to upgrade just becuase your personal website space is approaching full capacity. At worst they might email you telling you your space is full and that you might need to take action such as delete some files. To create some spare capacity.

If your staying with F9 but only changing service ie. such as upgrading from a dialup to ADSL your web site stats shouldnt be affected, they would remain the same as before.

To find the web site stats, navigate to website settings 1) you can turn the stats feature on or off on the portal when you've logged in 2) the stats themselves should be viewable once enabled when you click on the link provided on the page.

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum, Make Your Voice Count!
N/A

Hi Ivan,

I understand the website settings features - I used to have more than one icon in the tray on dial-up. On DSL, I only have <<Website settings>>.

Advanced Settings is no longer available here. I was wondering if this was a feature of my current DSL connection, or lack thereof.

Going through the previous forum questions, there have been some remarks by users who were surprised to find that their website space was barred and suspended/archived due to exceeding the allocated 100MB limit. I found this rather bizarre - perhaps Force 9 can clarify.

Best wishes,

RJ
N/A

Website Ivan

Hi RJ,

I think your getting mixed up between x2 different & unrelated issues here? firstly each user depending upon the service or account type will be allocated a fixed amount of website space i.e. 100MB you mentioned before.

However, DONT confuse this with website bandwidth exceeded warnings from F9, this is when a website exceeds the bandwidth for inbound connections i.e.visitors to the site. Its the number of inbound connections that max out the bandwidth exceeded and then a warning is given. If I've understood this issue correctly.

**If you upgraded or regraded to ADSL then when you log in to the portal, navigate to website settings (menu on page left), next see website stats applet or icon, this will take you to a page & link, by following this link it should display your web sites daily stats or monthly stats.

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Forum Members Matter, Your Voice Counts!
N/A

I have seen posts around a couple of months back that if your total webspace usage or your website bandwidth exceeds your daily limits its archived off on the first offence (restorable of course, but you need to fix all the permissions). At the time I thought it was very harsh, and on the old CGI server - not sure if this is still the case though.

I'm sure Martek will voice his opinion on this if he sees this thread Smiley
N/A

Hi there,

these are two different issues - I just posted them up together since I noticed them together.

1. I no longer have the option of Advanced Webstats - I used to have this option in Dial Up with a box for Advanced Webstats in the Website Settings. This has disappeared. I had mine turned on when I started out, although there is no option for this in the website settings anywhere that I can find....

2. Jarvis - I find the consequences of exceeding the 100MB limit are somewhat harsh too. I do like the upgrade to Broadband from Dial-up but the downgrade from 250MB to 100MB offsets a little.....It's still a wonderful service compared to what else is out there..

Best wishes.
N/A

Upon checking this page https://portal.f9.net.uk/residential/broadband/broadband_premier.shtml?link=resbb_premierlink, premier customers are allowed 250mb of webspace. You will also see that PAYG customers receive 250mb and only BB+ customers have the reduced 100mb. You can also view the differences between accounts here https://portal.f9.net.uk/residential/broadband/broadband_home_features.shtml

Unless of course F9 have changed the accounts but not updated the pages which isn't unknown!!

Regards

Mark
N/A

Thanks Didit.

that's confirmed my website allocation has disappeared Wink

I've been through the whole of F9 again and I just don't have a Webstats function anymore under Website settings or config.
N/A

that's confirmed my website allocation has disappeared Wink

You've confused me now (although that isn't difficult at the best of times Smiley ). Atthe beginning of the thread you daid you had moved from dial up to a 2mb Premier account. Premier accounts have 250mb of webspace, so have have you lost space?

Regards

Mark
N/A

Webspace

"You've confused me now (although that isn't difficult at the best of times ). Atthe beginning of the thread you daid you had moved from dial up to a 2mb Premier account"

Hi Mark - I had 250MB on dial up. When I checked, I thought I was on Premier. As I only have 100MB of webspace, I must've moved up (down) to to Plus.

When I hit 99MB, I'll move up to Premier.

Best wishes,

RJ