cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web servers and those annoying HTTP probes

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Web servers and those annoying HTTP probes

Recently someone on freeonline has started one and its starting too annoy me, with its constant HTTP probes.

Can someone techy tell me in plain "spook", why it happens so I know in the future. So that when I contact the Admin of the site too fix the damn thing.
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
@ in #utgames #utchat #uthelp
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
2 REPLIES
benoh
Grafter

RE: Web servers and those annoying HTTP probes

> Recently someone on freeonline has started one and its starting too annoy me, with its constant HTTP probes.
>
> Can someone techy tell me in plain "spook", why it happens so I know in the future. So that when I contact the Admin of the site too fix the damn thing.

Gus,
They are usually probes by the Nimba/CodeRed virii, they use an exploit in IIS server to propogate to other machines near by, if you arnt running IIS then dont worry, report it to abuse@plus.net.uk and we'll inform the user to get it sorted, if you are running IIS then you already have the latest patches/fixes dont you? Shocked)

Ben O'Hara
Systems Engineer
Plusnet Technologies Ltd.
benoh
Grafter

RE: Web servers and those annoying HTTP probes

> Recently someone on freeonline has started one and its starting too annoy me, with its constant HTTP probes.
>
> Can someone techy tell me in plain "spook", why it happens so I know in the future. So that when I contact the Admin of the site too fix the damn thing.

Gus,
They are usually probes by the Nimba/CodeRed virii, they use an exploit in IIS server to propogate to other machines near by, if you arnt running IIS then dont worry, report it to abuse@plus.net.uk and we'll inform the user to get it sorted, if you are running IIS then you already have the latest patches/fixes dont you? Shocked)

Ben O'Hara
Systems Engineer
Plusnet Technologies Ltd.