cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Server - How the hell?

N/A

Web Server - How the hell?

I'm trying very hard to set up a web server on my ADSL connection. After had no joy with Plus.net support as yet so was wondering if any of my fellow plus.net customers could help me out.

He's my set-up.

WEBSERVER > 802.11bROUTER > SUPPLIED ADSL ROUTER > INTERNET

It has been suggested that I should be able to use port forwarding from the SUPPLIED ROUTER to the 802.11b and then onto the WEBSERVER. Oh no! Doesn't work!!!. I've tries using the DMZ feature of the SUPPLIED ROUTER and pointed it to the 802.11b but that don't work either. I just can't seem to get through to the 802.11bROUTER.

AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone managed to get this working? Any ideas?

1 REPLY
N/A

RE: Web Server - How the hell?

the supplied router must forward port 80 to the ip interface of the other router and that in turn must know to forward the packet to the webserver.

It depends what you can set on your other router. If its a cheap one then it will only have one ip for a uplink and this is the address you forward the adsl router to. It will go no were unless the other router knows were to send it to. It may work if you forward the adsl router to the port 80 on the server. If both routers have RIP set it should find it.

You need a trace route to find were the packet is going to. Do you have a static IP? If you le me know your ip etc I will try a trace. email me jan@janwright.co.uk. Also do a trace out so I can see the route. It is dangerous to run a webserver unless you have all the right patches as you can be hacked on port 80. You would be better putting the webserver into the adsl router and have it seperate from any other pcs. Put the other pcs if you have any behind the other router.

> I'm trying very hard to set up a web server on my ADSL connection. After had no joy with Plus.net support as yet so was wondering if any of my fellow plus.net customers could help me out.
>
> He's my set-up.
>
> WEBSERVER > 802.11bROUTER > SUPPLIED ADSL ROUTER > INTERNET
>
> It has been suggested that I should be able to use port forwarding from the SUPPLIED ROUTER to the 802.11b and then onto the WEBSERVER. Oh no! Doesn't work!!!. I've tries using the DMZ feature of the SUPPLIED ROUTER and pointed it to the 802.11b but that don't work either. I just can't seem to get through to the 802.11bROUTER.
>
> AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Has anyone managed to get this working? Any ideas?
>
>