cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are gathered here today.....................

N/A

We are gathered here today.....................

Have may of you avoided marriage - know I did, 10 years with my partner due to the fact that everyone of our friends who lived together then got married, was divorced in a couple of years.

Well, common law still doesn't count for much. If either of a couple die who arn't married, the living partner cannot get the death certificate or personnal belongings if they die in hospital! It has to be a blood relation or next of kin. Not good if you don't speak to your partners family!!

Also, even if you leave a will, upon death, if the blood relations contest it. Ie. they say there was a verbal agreement for part of the estate. The law is weighted in their direction, not always I know, but there is the chance they will win.

So wish me luck - on the 5th September 2002 I become Lady Trudy Hetherington-Ford married to Lord Brian Hetherington-Ford.
4 REPLIES
tssk
Grafter

RE: We are gathered here today.....................

Wel, congratulations m'lady...
(tugs forelock while backing away)
I'll look forward to my invite by courier...
Prunesquallor
Dabbler

Trudy,

Congratulations!

It's not so bad, honest!

Best,
Lang
N/A

be kind, be honest, be loving....and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!
--
N/A

> Have may of you avoided marriage - know I did, 10 years with my partner due to the fact that everyone of our friends who lived together then got married, was divorced in a couple of years.
>
> Well, common law still doesn't count for much. If either of a couple die who arn't married, the living partner cannot get the death certificate or personnal belongings if they die in hospital! It has to be a blood relation or next of kin. Not good if you don't speak to your partners family!!
>
> Also, even if you leave a will, upon death, if the blood relations contest it. Ie. they say there was a verbal agreement for part of the estate. The law is weighted in their direction, not always I know, but there is the chance they will win.
>
> So wish me luck - on the 5th September 2002 I become Lady Trudy Hetherington-Ford married to Lord Brian Hetherington-Ford.

all the best to you both!,i have been wed 15 years
great times,not so great times,i wouldnt change a thing,its all about give&take+consideration,your doing the right thing!