cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning about problems at Ebuyer

Alecto
Grafter

They seem to be in something of a mess at the moment, though are still taking orders and promising deliveries which they can't meet.

I ordered a hard disk on Monday, with Next Day Express deivery.
It didn't come, still hasn't come, and they don't answer the phone or answer tickets to tell you why.

When you start on the contact us/complaints bit, an announcement tells you they've been moving the warehouse and problems should be over this week., but meanwhile it's taking them 3 days to look at tickets (I wish) and half an hour to answer the telephone.

So I'd look elsewhere till they're sorted out.
58 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Nice!
N/A

Re: Warning about problems at Ebuyer

So I'd look elsewhere till they're sorted out.

Much appreciated information.

I was just about to order something from there, I'll wait a while now.

Thank you Geoff
LiamM
Grafter

They are currently moving warehouses.

I placed an order on Tuesday, they werent offering Priority Express so I selected Priority. Half of it came yesterday (on time), and the rest this morning. I spoke to them yesterday on the phone and they refunded my full delivery cost for me. So I thought that was pretty good. It did take a while to get through, probably about ten minutes queuing, but you queue that long to speak to PN most of the time these days.

They definately seem to be improving, this is just a hitch that I guess is associated with moving warehouses. Given that they take tens of thousands of orders daily, I didnt think they were coping too badly.

Did you know that the guy that setup eBuyer is the guy that setup Plusnet Wink
Alecto
Grafter

They're obviously giving priority to people south of Watford.

They may not be doing badly, but they shouldn't be taking orders on delivery promises they can't meet.

I knew nothing about the move till I checked to see why my order hadn't arrived on Tuesday evening.

And they still haven't answered my ticket. I think I'll ring them up.
Alecto
Grafter

They're not answering the phone at all now.
I get an announcement about the delays, then the line goes dead.
Community Veteran

Maybe their CD players packed in and the line isn't dead at all :razz:
Alecto
Grafter

I thought of that and left it on speakerphone for a few minutes, but that dreadful BT siren started. So they definitely cut me off. Gave up after 3 attempts.
LiamM
Grafter

I had that a couple of times. It does ring sometimes though, apparently their telephone system can only deal with so many queuing customers, otherwise it drops the line.
Alecto
Grafter

Thanks Liam.
If I can get through, I'll ask them when is the best time to call. Tongue
craigbrass
Grafter

eBuyer *used* to be a good company. They are now getting worse and worse. I used to order all my computer equipment off there. Now I get it off eBay. New of cause.
N/A

Buying from ebuyer guarantees you a low price.

Buying from ebay on the other hand can be a long drawn out process with many idiots bidding far more than a product is worth. You may also not get the manufacturers warranty.

I have read of other people having poor buying experiences with ebuyer, but can't say this has ever happened to me. All companies screw up sometimes.
Community Veteran

I've been buying stuff from ebuyer since late 2001 or early 2002 and I've had a mix of problem orders and good orders. Over the last year or so I havent had a problem, most of the problems I've had were early on. I think Ebuyer like all companies have a mix of sucesses and failures.

Chris
craigbrass
Grafter

I am sorry but I do not find "Average wait today: 12 minutes 5 secs" acceptable. Nor the "eNote response: We currently have a 3 day turn around in answering your eNotes." according to their site. I consider 2 hours max for eNotes and a minute max for phone calls. Even if they are having a large increase in orders as they say on the site, they should have measures in place for these situations.

Edit: I always look around before buying on ebay in responce to the earlier post by kptechnology. Always go for new and never go over £5 under what the online stores are selling it at. Works good for me.
LiamM
Grafter

That is because they are particularly busy at the moment due to the recent warehouse relocation.

When they reintrduced their support number a couple of months ago and I needed to query an order that was showing as "Security Check" I dialed and it was answered without even ringing.

I also sent an eNote for another order because City Link didn't deliver the whole consignment. It was replied to within 20 minutes and they had contacted City Link and asked them to return the same day, which they did.

I really believe ebuyer are drastically improving. I haven't had a single problem with an order in the last year (that was their fault) and I spend about £20-25k / year with them.