cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Broadband??

suec45
Grafter

Virgin Broadband??

Has anyone had any experiece with Virgin Broadband?

They have the best Customer Satisfaction level of any ISP, they are cheaper than plusnet and have an Up to 8mbps for £19.99 with unlimited downloads (probably a FUP).

I am looking around for new ISPs and if things dont improve in the next few weeks I am off. Things are just getting worse and worse here. I hope Plusnet turn it arouind, but I have been saying that for months now. Currently trying to download a 30mb patch from 3d Gamers massive fast FTP at 9.16Kbps only 51 minutes left. :roll: Funny thing was that it warned me if I dont register that I am limited to 150kbps :lol: I dont think they need to worry...

Virgin Broadband anyone? Comments pls?

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Moved to a more apt part of the forum
6 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

Virgin Broadband??

Their rating on http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php doesn't look very good-- quite a bit below PlusNet in fact!
N/A

Virgin Broadband??

I have no personal experience of Virgin Broadband, but a quick look at ADSL guide would indicate that things are not that good at Virgin either.

The latest news item on the site indicates a lower customer service satisfaction rating than Plusnet!

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2874
N/A

Virgin Broadband??

They are owned by NTL so what can you expect. I gather they are going to be re-branded as NTL in te near future . . .
rodjer14
Dabbler

Take over by BT

BT have bid for PlusNet and the PN board have agreed the bid. If anyone is thinking of jumping ship I suggest that you wait to see how PN performs under BT ownership.

The September issue of Computing Which? magazine rated Zen Internet, Global and Waitrose as 1st, 2nd and 3rd, all with a score of 72%. All more expensive than PN. PN is rated 10th with a score of 57% and Virgin at 13th with a score of 49%. I have a cousin who uses Virgin and she is very happy. Bt is rated 20th with a score of 34%.

I hopes that this helps.
shellsong
Grafter

Virgin Broadband??

Well we've just done our bit answering the ?Which ISP rating questionaire for the next time they publish responses :twisted:
We try to be honest and objective but PN doesn't get anything like the glowing report we gave early last year!
N/A

Virgin Broadband??

I was on Virgin before I jumped ship to come here 2-3 years ago. Not bad speeds but they complained after I did a whole 8 gigs worth of msdn downloads in a week.