cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very very slow

N/A

Very very slow

I've just set up Etomite on the new ccgi platform. It's working fine but at times it's painfully slow, and normally it seems to start okay and just get slower and slower.

I've seen one or two comments re speed, so is there a problem or is this as good as it gets?
16 REPLIES
N/A

Very very slow

It's crap. I've given up and bought server space elsewhere.

F9 won't admit there's a problem though.
N/A

Very very slow

At 8am today it was taking my phpBB on the cgi server about 20 seconds to return the index page and the ccgi server was taking rather longer. I've just timed it again at the end of a T1 pipe and it took the ccgi server 15 seconds for the index page. No way of allocating the delays whether to the server itself or the database server but essentially unuseable all the same.
Bob
N/A

Very very slow

Well I'm up to over a minute to load some pages, and last night I gave up after 5 minutes.

F9, what is going pn?
KJCGames

Very very slow

Its definitely a problem with the MYSQL server Rumpus, we're accessing that directly and speeds today have been at times up to ten times slower than normal.
johnh

Very very slow

My phpBB is also at a crawl. I asked support for advice last night but so far no response. I'm also using Rumpus.
jfrank
Grafter

hmm

I have phpbb2 running on my cgi space too, via Rumpus and at one point it was taking 2 minutes to get a return. No wonder my forum is going mouldy Sad

If someone mentions this is a free add-on service and we shouldn't expect anything more, i'll spit on them Tongue

.. So whats goin on?
N/A

Very very slow

I've given up, and moved all my cgi/mysql stuff to orchardhosting.com - 20 quid a year and it's fast and reliable.

Once I've got around to sorting out my email addresses I'll say goodbye to F9. It's a shame, because they used to be one of the best ISPs around.

Things change though, don't they.
N/A

Very very slow

Hi

I have my second domain www.seroxatmad.co.uk (with a link to F9 - which I may remove) and its getting upto 300 hits a day at mo....I often have to sit for my index page or forum page to load.

A few of the 70 registered members have asked why it takes a while to load....

Regards

John
N/A

Very very slow

Any of the F9 customer service people got any comments or help on this one? Seems like there's no response from the techy people and no flags about service problems.
Bob
jfrank
Grafter

rumpus kicked up the bottom

Seems f9 have known about Rumpus lag since at least may..and reckon its fixed :O
johnh

Very very slow

F9's response to me is

"We are aware of the situation and will be carrying out work on the server on tuesday to try and resolve the issue. please accept our appologies for the slow down of the server."
N/A

Very very slow

Hi

Well its 22 hours since I put a ticket in and no response....
jfrank
Grafter

sigh

Well ... my Phpbb is just as slow as ever again... 2-3 minutes per click. So I guess it's back to square one.

I have little choice now but to move, silly this.
pops1000uk
Grafter

Very very slow

MYSQL Very very slow (rumpus)I have a forum running and Ive nearly smashed my pc 10 times cause of it! The response I got off f9 was:-

We currently have maintenance schedualed for the MySQL platform, that will hopefully assist in resolving the current slowness.

Which is fair.. I asked how long they said..

As per the service status posting, this is due for the 6th of September,

So I HOPE this resolves soon