cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN over ADSL on XPP

N/A

VPN over ADSL on XPP

Anyone know how to set up an incoming VPN over an F9 ADSL modem link - I've tried New Connection Wizard, which goes through the motions but refuses to leave a check mark against the ADSL modem as a valid VPN.

:confused:
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: VPN over ADSL on XPP

> Anyone know how to set up an incoming VPN over an F9 ADSL modem link - I've tried New Connection Wizard, which goes through the motions but refuses to leave a check mark against the ADSL modem as a valid VPN.
>
> :confused:
>

Hi,
I am also using XPP & if you take a look at the help files in XPP it does give quite alot of very clear instructions (inc a good overview of VPNs)which might help & might make things clearer.

However,I think one possible problem that you might be coming up against here is that windowsXP using a modem for the ADSL connection (although you & I might think the ADSL connection is like a network connection due to its almost always on nature)but as far as actually setting up the incoming VPN connection I think its possible winXP is getting confused as usually setting up a VPN windows thinks it should have either a dial-up modem or a network router but using an ADSL modem confuses it totally in other words winXP isnt sure which connection type its really working with? thats one possible problem.

Another point is that you have to enable your machine & your IP address to allow the inbound VPN connection (you might need to enable your firewall to receive this connection or open specific port numbers for an inbound VPN connection).

You might have to tell you machine a specific IP address does have inbound access permissions inorder to form a connection with you.

**See the WinXP help stuff on VPN's there are x2 diagrams that show the two types of VPNs & how they work.

Hope this helps Ivan

--