cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN and Solwise Router

N/A

VPN and Solwise Router

How do I set up a VPN into a Windows 2003 Server. I have 4 PC's (3XP and 1 Server 2003) all connected to a hub which in turn is connected to the Solwise Router. I don't have static IP as yet and I assume from my reading that I need a minimum of 4 Static IP addresses (will this still allow the 3XP machines to connect to the internet through the router).

Help - I'm new at all of this.

Cheers

A
4 REPLIES
N/A

VPN and Solwise Router

Can you clarify where you want to VPN from and to? Would it be:

a) You want to VPN from the Internet to your Windows 2003 server connected to your router, so that you can access the network of 3 XP PCs and 1 Win 2003 server.

or

b) From your XP PCs / Windows 2003 server through your router across the Internet to another network with a VPN server.

Neil
N/A

VPN and Solwise Router

I want to VPN in from the internet into the server and network....
N/A

VPN and Solwise Router

Doesn't look like I'm going to have an opportunity to go through the config for a couple of days, so follow this link over to the Solwise Forums http://www.solwiseforum.co.uk/ then select 'ADSL' followed by 'SAR110'. Next scroll to the bottom of the page and type 'vpn gre' in the search box - you should get 3 or more hits! The "Pptp + GRE" thread is the one I think you want.

This Pptp + GRE link might take you straight to it.

Neil
N/A

VPN and Solwise Router

Did you get the answers you needed? If not, I might be able to go through the config at the weekend.

Neil