cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Netmeeting with a Solwise SAR110 Router

N/A

Using Netmeeting with a Solwise SAR110 Router

I have just started using ADSL and have been supplied with the SAR110 router. Accessing the internet is great and there where only minor problems in the setup. However I have problems with Netmeeting in that if I instigate a call to another person then my internal IP address is passed and the other end cannot connect. If however they instigate the call then I can use the connection. Anyone know why my local address is being passed instead of the static IP number (192.168 etc)?
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: Using Netmeeting with a Solwise SAR110 Router

> I have just started using ADSL and have been supplied with the SAR110 router. Accessing the internet is great and there where only minor problems in the setup. However I have problems with Netmeeting in that if I instigate a call to another person then my internal IP address is passed and the other end cannot connect. If however they instigate the call then I can use the connection. Anyone know why my local address is being passed instead of the static IP number (192.168 etc)?

Does the router use NAT?
If so I expect this is your problem.
To solve it you simply need to set up a port mapping/redirection (which will vary depending on the router).
This would also explain why you can connect to someone else, but they cannot connect to you. Passing the external static IP number by itself would not do any good unless a port redirection is in place anyway (assuming the router has NAT).