Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us Robotics SureConnect

cannylad
Grafter

Us Robotics SureConnect

Hi,
Does anyone else have a US Robotics SureConnect 9000 USB modem running on XP?
I had problems installing the software because its not XP compatable,even though its brand new. The instructions say its ok to click OK at the prompt. Trouble is it won't install properly and halfway through the installation Windows pops up saying its found new hardware, this then stops the modem software installing 100%.
When I look a my settings with DRTCP020 it shows my ethernet card even though its dissabled and not the WAN settings that the modem runs off...Can any one shine any light on this problem.
Thank you
--
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Us Robotics SureConnect, REPLY OF SORTS!!

> Hi,
> Does anyone else have a US Robotics SureConnect 9000 USB modem running on XP?
> I had problems installing the software because its not XP compatable,even though its brand new. The instructions say its ok to click OK at the prompt. Trouble is it won't install properly and halfway through the installation Windows pops up saying its found new hardware, this then stops the modem software installing 100%.
> When I look a my settings with DRTCP020 it shows my ethernet card even though its dissabled and not the WAN settings that the modem runs off...Can any one shine any light on this problem.
> Thank you
>
> --
>

Hi,
I had something very very similar with my D-Link ADSL USB modem when installing it. Basically I also had a driver file that winXP flagged up as NOT xp compliant but perhaps I was lucky I was able to just click and told XP to install it anyway which it did OK. I didnt have any major problems after this I have to admitt. But this is a common problem in so far as the modem makers have drivers that are lagging behined the specification MS sets.

**You can tell XP how you want it to handle non XP compliant drivers.

**My other thought is that I was able to get updated drivers for my modem and the newer versions were far better with XP, that might be something that you could explore by going back to US.Robotics website or possible phone their UK (if they have one?)support people.

**Its definately a driver problem and another thought is that it could be just that specific set of software,if you can try and get your hands on another copy of the installation software for the modem. This might solve it completely (it can happen,I've seen this many times).

**Dont worry to much about the DrTCP device settings I had that problem to,I think that DrTCP trys to auto detect installed hardware but it does not seem to see all the installed/attched devices. But it did not affect my ADSL settings. The important ones are the RWIN & MTU.

Hope this might be of soem help.
Ivan

--
cannylad
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks for the advice, I have been on the US Robotics site but no luck really although I think I will phone them to see if there are any updates. I did register the modem and they are supposed to email me if there are any updates but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.
Thanks again
Eric
N/A

> Hi,
> Thanks for the advice, I have been on the US Robotics site but no luck really although I think I will phone them to see if there are any updates. I did register the modem and they are supposed to email me if there are any updates but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.
> Thanks again
> Eric

Hi Eric,
OK so no updated drivers,the goto plan B see if you can get another copy of the software. As I said before you might just be extremely unlucky with that specific copy of the files.

Also in XP have a look at this: goto "My Computer" and right click with mouse,goto "properties" ->goto the "hardware" Tab, ->Goto "device manager section", ->goto "Driver signing",see "What action windows to take" there are 3 options here which are
either IGNORE, WARN or BLOCK. I think the default is warn me before I install the file. Try chnaging this to IGNORE and try letting the program just install the files anyway. If the program insatlls OK and machine reboots OK, try & test the modem & connection.

Once again hope this helps.

Ivan
--