cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading web page

N/A

Uploading web page

Hi.

I've designed a very basic web page and have made some changes.

I've saved the changes and am trying to upload the revised page using WS_FTP.

I've succeeded in doing this twice but took about 20 attempts.

This means things must be working but I'm not sure what I'm doing right!!!

I transferred the uploaded page from local to remte but then how do I upload it?

Help
3 REPLIES
N/A

Uploading web page

I've looked at your two websites, www.stereocatbabies.co.uk and www.dougiec.force9.co.uk again tonight and I see the position has changed.

I believe you no longer have an index.html (or index.htm) file in your htdocs directory, because, instead of being served a webpage, I was given a listing of your htdocs directory, containing things like scb3_files, scb4_files, scb6_files, ... scb8_files.

As it happens, this was advantageous, for I saw within htdocs, you also have a subdirectory, stereocatbabies. When I clicked on this, I was served a webpage, the homepage of your stereocatbabies website. Therefore, it seems this directory is the "DocumentRoot" of your stereocatbabies website, and htdocs is the "DocumentRoot" of the dougiec website.

Judging from two posting from "narrs", it is possible for you to change this:

Domain vs F9 Webspace[/url] thread, narrs"]You can also get your domain name to be hosted from a subdirectory of your web space by using Domain Names (under 'My Account' on the left menu of the portal) and clicking on the 'Configure' button next to your domain name.

Using the subdirectory helps avoid confusion when you host several domains from your account.

Regards

Neil

and (posted less than an hour ago):

Webspace usage[/url] thread, narrs"]Have you configured your domain url correctly under Domain Names?

Select your domain name then in Domain hosting settings, select Default - I wish to have this domain hosted automatically under my webspace

In Directory - /htdocs/ enter just the directory name for the site you require. (You must have created this under the htdocs directory on the homepages server).

Note In can take between 30 mintues to an hour for the changes made in 'Domain Names' to come into effect.

Regards

Neil
N/A

Uploading web page

Ahh shucks!! Shockedops:
N/A

Uploading web page

Mmm, indeed. Must be cool being great Evil