Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 1mb ADSL

Voodoo
Dabbler

Upgrade to 1mb ADSL

Hi

I have just received and invite to upgrade my 512 adsl ti 1mb adsl, ok I can just about bear having to pay the £58 activation fee ( quite why though is beyond me as my line is already activated and I cant see there being any major work done )

But to my question for F9 support for and speedy answer before I decide, How long will my adsl connection be down for during the transition from 512 to 1mb .... in total.

Are we looking at a day while the work is done or are we looking at disconnection and then reconnection IE 7 -10 days?

TIA
8 REPLIES
N/A

Upgrade to 1mb ADSL

Is everyone being "invited" to upgrade? I have not received anthing but would be very interested - after the activation fee, what does the monthly fee go up to?

Phil
N/A

Upgrade to 1mb ADSL

I suspect it's just people who registered an interest in the trial for 1Mbps (the 50:1 contention ratio 1Mbps product, as distinct from the 20:1 1Mbps product which is already available).
Voodoo
Dabbler

Upgrade to 1mb ADSL

Hi Dimmockclose,

It was Just those that Pre registered for the trial as far as I am aware.

got an email from support so my question on time span has been answered. as to cost it £32/month, the only bug bear being the £58 activation fee which I think is stupid as miy line is already activated.
N/A

Upgrade to 1mb ADSL

Yea, I'll pay £32 p/m for 1mb but I agree about the activation - we already have an activated line Smiley
:roll:
N/A

Upgrade to 1mb ADSL

The money is very annoying however it should be stated that it is an "upgraded activation" by BT - whatever the hell that means Smiley
N/A

Upgrade to 1mb ADSL

Sorry to be synical but I doubt it means anything at all.

Does anyone know where theres a doc or website explaining the whole activation rubbish? Ie if we change supplier, why do we need to reactivate, for the same product etc...
N/A

Upgrade to 1mb ADSL

I got an invite but I never applied for the extended trial :? . In fact, i'm lucky enough to have got adsl at all!! There has been a thread about this in the PN newsgroup. Apparently the 1MB service is a different product and therefore the service is a "cease & reprovide". As far as i'm aware, if your line doesn't come up to scratch the activation fee is refunded.

Regards

Mark
N/A

Upgrade to 1mb ADSL

Does anyone know where theres a doc or website explaining the whole activation rubbish? Ie if we change supplier, why do we need to reactivate, for the same product etc...

Sorry no docs that I know of but you don't need to reactivate if you stick with the *same* product, just change ISP. You only need to disconnect for as long as it takes for your login to change and BT's login routers to flush, (about an hour tops I belive.

You need a full reactivate if you *change* product because the product defines into which equipment your line physically terminates.